Skill: Prayer results need some changes

Past suggestions that have been incorporated into the live game.
SaltedSalmon

Skill: Prayer results need some changes

Post by SaltedSalmon »

Quick comments on several prayer results.

Problem results:
Unbroken Bond - This always quickly fades out when I get it. The chances of it protecting your weapon must be quite low. I find it hard to believe this is useful as Offensive Power's accuracy buff is.
To be clear, I am debating if this saves me more accuracy than Offensive Power's 5% accuracy buff, completely ignoring that Offensive Power also gives me +1 attack damage.

Foe of Goliath - Might of Heroes and Offensive Might are still useful for tankbusting, while this result is useless if you're not doing exactly that. As much as I like the concept and lore of this prayer result... I just don't find it useful.
I'm not sure how this could be fixed though, I think it should be replaced for something else.
As a patchwork fix it could be changed to give +accuracy since tanks also like to stack dodge chance?

Divine Providence - To be honest I just dislike this one. It has a low chance to be helpful, so it feels like I got cheated out of a huge soak/defense buff from a Greater result. Seriously, how does it compare?
I guess this should become a Lesser prayer result that triggers only when you have a debuff, and it dispels that debuff? I'm not sure.
I know that suggesting some replacement results would be better, but I fear that I came up with some really bad stuff so I'll be requesting just this:
Namm's Judgement - Offensive Prayer Result, gives you a 1 use Parchment that can't be dropped or given away. Can be used for a autohit with 30 electric damage. Can't roll for Namm's Thunder again while this Parchment is in your inventory.
Yeah the reason for this prayer result is "Oh this would be cool if it was here".
Kandarin

Re: Skill: Prayer results need some changes

Post by Kandarin »

Throwing this in here: Spellgem Affinity and Transcend Spellgem should only apply if you're carrying spellgems.

I'd agree that the duration of Unbroken Bond is too short for what it does.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes
Nayru

Post by Nayru »

spellgem affinity i guess is very specific to having a gem that you can charge in the first place (since need a learned spell and a gem of the learned spell and it has to be sub-5 charges in order to use it at all in lieu of a scenario you would use a charge then recharge it which is.... unrealistic)
- You say, "Oh my me." (2022-01-30 03:41:07).
SaltedSalmon

Post by SaltedSalmon »

Another note I'd like to make on Prayer changes for spell users:
If you use HtH to increase your Touch hit chance (Which is supposed to be a thing), you also unlock Holy Brawn and other melee-only results. Do those increase the damage of Touch spells like Offensive Might and others do?
Nayru

Post by Nayru »

they do not, though until recently hth damage was increasing touch spells and not spell damage so there's that

but a lot of this is just down to boxing 'cause that upping touch spell damage is ?? but i can see magical hth boosts doing it
SaltedSalmon

Post by SaltedSalmon »

Bumping with a suggestion again.
Foe of Goliath - 50% chance of a critical blow that deals +7 damage (Yeah this is just slashing's capstone, but with better odds so its about the same damage increase as Might of Heroes)

Blazing Hosts - Perhaps I'm wrong, but I think everyone will have a supplemental damage source now that supplemental damage got buffed AND can be gained by enchanting.
I was thinking that if this became a area boost of 5-10 MP, then it would give nearby Paladins a extra smite.
EDIT: This is actually a poor idea because of MP drain on AP tick, and most raids start right after the AP tick. Awawawa...
Last edited by SaltedSalmon on Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nayru

Post by Nayru »

technically slash affinity is +0-7 damage depending on target's armor slash soak, it's just not coded yet

this has been your 'randomly encountered informative neru in the thread'

also stop berating slash affinity in ncg gosh
SaltedSalmon

Post by SaltedSalmon »

I keep getting Transcend Spellgem despite having dumped all my spellgems.
Can that be changed like Spellgem Affinity?
Kandarin

Post by Kandarin »

SaltedSalmon wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:33 pm I keep getting Transcend Spellgem despite having dumped all my spellgems.
Can that be changed like Spellgem Affinity?
If anything it needs even more change, you ought to only get Transcend Spellgem if you have:
- The Spellcraft skill
- Knowledge of a MP-intensive spell like wards and buffs
- A gem of that spell

Come to think of it, Spellgem Affinity should require Spellcraft too and currently doesn't.

Edit: This is now a pending change.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes