AoE & raid-work XP

A place for discussion about Nexus Clash game mechanics, including Build Advice.
Goliath

AoE & raid-work XP

Post by Goliath »

So as of late, my raid participation on my Archon has been mostly AoE Song of the Word, which allowed me to spend 60 AP + 120 MP per raid without a single point of XP coming my way, which also denied a large chunk of passive XP.
Similarly, damage thrown at the ward, forts & glyphs, as well as AP thrown at rebuilding forts is equally unrewarding, forcing players to choose between being helpful to the team or trying to snipe some kills for XP.
With how early in the Breath we are and with the extended XP curve, plus the passive infusion mechanics, I find this to be more relevant than ever.

I'd love to see some dmg-to-XP conversion on bashing wards and forts, as well as dmg-to-XP and kill-to-XP on AoE.

Any thoughts?

Lastly, mention that suffering from no XP from AoE trouble only happens to classes with AoE skill, thus making this clearly a skill issue.
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
SharkyNebula

Re: AoE & raid-work XP

Post by SharkyNebula »

Go on a raid, disrupting your grind.

Spend all your AP bashing wards and forts, get no XP.

Your teammates don't even clear.

A DO comes along and resurrects everyone that you killed.

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Dissident

Post by Dissident »

If we give the AOEs 3xp per AP spent, it would be comparable to flipping power. It's a terrible XP source but better than nothing... :roll:
Klapaucius

Post by Klapaucius »

I feel like the kill/damage stats from AoE is reasonably rewarding, but there's no harm in giving out some xp, either. Giving the kill XP (both players and pets) would make sense to me as a compromise.

In re forts and wards: while the addition of damage stat made this more rewarding, it could be a lot better. It's not the most exciting aspect of factional combat at the best of times though, so maybe there's something to be said for sprucing things up in other ways rather than renovating the 'break a stationary object' mechanic?

On a related note, I really think a sort of 'raid participation' tracker would be a good addition:

Something like:
- Accrue 'raid' points based on contributions, with a very respectable weighting on non-combat contributions:
* Just being present gives some
* Attacking the ward/forts
* glyphing/dispelling etc.
* killing/damaging people
* grabbing the flag :)
* summoning/providing wormhole functions
* buffing/healing/praying/skill use generally
- on capture:
* raid points are added to your character permanent total
* xp is assigned based on points
Wassail