DH build advice

A place for discussion about Nexus Clash game mechanics, including Build Advice.
sohdbrimks

DH build advice

Post by sohdbrimks »

Level CP Skill
2 10 ---Level Up---
1 -10 Ranged Combat
2 10 ---Level Up---
2 -10 Thrown Weapons
3 10 ---Level Up---
4 10 ---Level Up---
4 -20 Advanced Thrown Weapons
5 10 ---Level Up---
5 -10 Strength
6 10 ---Level Up---
6 -10 Search
7 10 ---Level Up---
7 -10 Sense Magic
8 10 ---Level Up---
9 10 ---Level Up---
10 20 ---Level Up---
10 -20 Enervate
11 20 ---Level Up---
11 -40 Rend Flesh
12 20 ---Level Up---
13 20 ---Level Up---
13 -40 Blooded Fury
14 20 ---Level Up---
14 -10 Engineering
15 20 ---Level Up---
15 -20 Structural Engineering
16 20 ---Level Up---
16 -20 Infuse
17 20 ---Level Up---
17 -10 Dodge
17 -20 Evasion

I got these defense skills just to spend enough CP for T3. Should I get something else instead?

18 20 ---Level Up---
19 20 ---Level Up---
20 30 ---Level Up---
20 -30 Gnashing of Teeth
20 -30 Ghostwalk

I will level up with engineering until here probably (it's my first skill, ignore the placement in this build)
After this I'll probably kill imps and hellhounds with gnashing of teeth

21 30 ---Level Up---
21 -30 Scream of the Banshee
22 30 ---Level Up---
23 30 ---Level Up---
23 -60 Wail of the Dead

I want the AoE ASAP and this is the earliest I can get it I think, maybe earlier with exploration badges

24 30 ---Level Up---
25 30 ---Level Up---
26 30 ---Level Up---
26 -90 Keening of the Damned

AoE complete. Things after this are mostly for flavor or QoL

27 30 ---Level Up---
27 -30 Spectral Armor
28 30 ---Level Up---
28 -30 Spellcraft
28 -10 Sharp Vision
29 30 ---Level Up---
30 30 ---Level Up---
30 -10 Reveal
30 -40 Explosive Murder

10 CP left over, with some badges I'll get shadow wrap too

Is there anything I'm missing or could improve?
Skouth

Re: DH build advice

Post by Skouth »

Since you're picking up AoE I imagine raiding's something you'll want to do, in that case you could go for Phantasmal Terror and Manifest Nightmare for 90 CP and get free (mp-wise) AoEs, as long as you hit some unlucky fools with your teeth a few times
I'd also consider Draught of Discretion because it's incredible flexibility for 30 CP. Being able to turn a shit potion into a high tier one (possibly by using someone else's mana, mind you) is great value.
Also, AoE gives you no experience so me, personally, would leave it to buy as late as possible but that's just me thinking of leveling efficiency, if you wanna scream at people as soon as you can knock yourself out
(exp for aoe when)
FOO LION DELENDA EST
sohdbrimks

Post by sohdbrimks »

I didn't read the skill description of Phantasmal Terror and Manifest Nightmare before so thanks for pointing them out, they look very useful.

I only have a few problems with them:
1) I'm assuming my victim must be alive to use manifest nightmare. This can be hard to do in a raid with everyone attacking at the same time and my victim dying before I can use their MP, and I'm kind of a slow clicker so this might happen a lot with me :P
2) gnashing of teeth will deal 18 damage to unaligned and good wards when SHs come back and I want to contribute to wardbashing. This might not leave enough ap to mess around trying to attack people with phantasmal terror.

Do you think these skills are a must-have or can I live without them? I'm ok with not being optimal but I don't wanna be too weak either. I was thinking of using 1 or 2 MP pots to help vs bigger factions, but for the random raid I'm ok with bashing the ward a lot and then using only 3 AoE inside.

Thanks for the advice!
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

sohdbrimks wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:38 pm I want the AoE ASAP and this is the earliest I can get it I think, maybe earlier with exploration badges
The build seems to be very suited to your objective of spamming the hell off AoE (you may want to pact with a DO for soul vampire, by the way)
I'd recommend getting an early Nexal Return, refunding after purchasing Gnashing of Teeth.
I'd spend your late CP on spells that may provide you utility, such as Glyphs, Erasures, Mystic Shield and Blur
You could leave those for ranks or you could get them instead of EM.
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
Klapaucius

Post by Klapaucius »

Some useful skills which you might want to consider:

- Gremlins have enhanced senses. Can be decent for finding targets/killing weak targets while hunting. Could pick it up early and refund later on, as a levelling/hunting tool
- An autohit spell for applying enervate. If you go unsettling aura -> autohit enervate you get -20% defence guaranteed for the second and ongoing attacks. Really solid if you hate RNG.
- Phantasmal terror is decent, but it's probably easier to go down the soul ice route via DO though, then you can just chug a bunch of ice before going inside the target and let loose once you get in
- Destructive blow is always good if you're planning to help with bashing. Must-buy for any dedicated raiding pariah, IMO

Agree with Skouth - early AoE is nice but it will do very little to help you level. It also gets stronger as you level, so there's another disincentive to buy it early
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

- Gremlins have enhanced senses. Can be decent for finding targets/killing weak targets while hunting. Could pick it up early and refund later on, as a levelling/hunting tool.
While true, Gremlins have very few AP, which makes them rather bad hunting pets.
- An autohit spell for applying enervate. If you go unsettling aura -> autohit enervate you get -20% defence guaranteed for the second and ongoing attacks. Really solid if you hate RNG.
Great idea. Plus the build doesn't have much use of MP against single target anyways.
- Destructive blow is always good if you're planning to help with bashing. Must-buy for any dedicated raiding pariah, IMO.
Most certainly true if you wanna focus on raiding. Note that DB doesn't triple your unholy bonus against wards, though, but does triple affinity potion bonuses when they apply.
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
GreatCatatonic

Post by GreatCatatonic »

You'll probably want to move Spellcraft and ten badges up earlier to get Sharp Vision; having that extra accuracy for hunting is going to save you a lot of stress.

--Great
sohdbrimks

Post by sohdbrimks »

I'll probably skip the defense skills and get EM at T2 and get a bunch of utility spells at the end.
During raids I'll use soul ice for AoE and I think that's it. Thanks for the advice everyone :)