What did your character do today?

For general discussion about the game that doesn't really delve into Mechanics (see the "Mechanics Discussion" section). In Out-of-Character discussion, you are expected to be courteous to others.
erikune

Re: What did your character do today?

Post by erikune »

I've been back for a few days after a long absence. Maybe I'll get around to doing something interesting this time.
Not really betting on it, though.

As for characters:

A Quick Brown Fox has finally become a revenant this breath. I'd missed out of playing with Howl back in B3, so it's been some fun calling on support foxes to help with combat. It's kind of pricey, but I'm building up for Echoing Howl first on the character. I've been finding some strange interactions with pets on Fox, and mostly have been dying to the Ancient Gremlin's Wytchfire in Purg as a result.

ÆĐR is a new character, currently a shepherd and doing some book reading in Elysium. I really liked the Lightspeaker last breath, and so I decided to make a new character devoted to the class. I found myself needing to pick up Engineering just to get into positive morality, because you have NO IDEA how hard it is to find anybody even slightly injured in the game anymore.

Elly Mentalist is a sorcerer trying to figure out how to find cold spells reliably in this game. Ironically, they've been spending most of their life fiddling with power wiring and repairing doors, since that has been the most reliable source of XP.
No bonus points in determining what T3 class Elly has planned.

erikune is a Lich playing around with the Lich toys. Alchemy has been surprisingly good with Grisly Reaping, especially when you can use Phylactery to just deathaport to a place to harvest spellgems for the rare Alchemy requirements. Bone Trinket has been fun, although I've not really tried trolling anywhere with it yet. Sadly you can't get the Fossil Monstrosity from the Bone Trinkets, so no just holding three and getting a 4AP Monstrosity, but it's still pretty good. I think I'll get Bone Seekers and see how good the Bonesword is, although there's apparently a faction in the place where I need to get death spellgems.
Requesting to join the faction would probably be the sensible thing, I'm guessing.

Scribalist is not interesting and just badge grinding right now. They're currently trying to eat, drink, and take medication while their level is still low.

Set o Lockpicks is still lockpicking their way to Lv.30, despite getting well more than enough locks picked this breath alone than any other character reasonably would want. Last breath they were a Fallen with Shadowskulking, to keep staying hidden. I think that Void Walker will be a better fit this breath, especially with how hide works now. Although I'm still taking them to Lv.30 as a pure mortal first.
A Quick Brown Fox [id 3412] ̶W̶o̶l̶f̶ Fox Revenant
ÆĐR [id 105796] Lightspeaker
Elly Mentalist [id 14108] Water Elementalist
erikune [id 3374] Bone Lich Alchemist
Scribalist [id 3375] Professional Grinder (for now)
Set o Lockpicks [id 7505] Mortal Lockpicker
SkullFace

Post by SkullFace »

- With a resounding, deafening crack that shakes your very frame, a lightning bolt streaks from the clouds you are flying through, blasting you! You take 197 points of damage! This was enough to atomize your form and kill you! (2023-07-27 10:18:19).
:shock:
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

SkullFace wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:25 am
- With a resounding, deafening crack that shakes your very frame, a lightning bolt streaks from the clouds you are flying through, blasting you! You take 197 points of damage! This was enough to atomize your form and kill you! (2023-07-27 10:18:19).
:shock:
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
oath2order

Post by oath2order »

A flash of eerie red light jets across the sky! A great champion of evil is manifest! (2023-07-28 00:00:05)

Pardon?
old-school member been here since like September 2014, I finally got my original start date.
SkullFace

Post by SkullFace »

- You utter an unnaturally loud shrill, piercing moan that echoes through the area, confident that your mark will be compelled to flee in terror. (2023-07-29 13:15:58).
:twisted:
SkullFace

Post by SkullFace »

- You attack Bloodmoon Scion with your Rifle and hit for 25 points of cold damage. Swirling icy energy reinforced this attack! The attack left a lingering chill! This attack was endowed with magical energy! You gain 12 XP. This was enough to kill them! You gain an additional 15 Experience Points! (2023-07-31 11:04:24).
Solo. Very chancy. And lucky. Sadly no Poison Pistol.
erikune

Post by erikune »

Elly Mentalist has finally hit level 20, going into Elementalist and very sad that she has so very few cold spells at her disposal. I guess T3 will involve her looking around for the missing ones. In slightly happier news, A Quick Brown Fox has been having some fun interactions with fellow Revenants and has finally picked up the Echoing Howl skill. Expensive, but the promise of a full fox pack has been tempting for awhile.

erikune also hit max level sometime last week, although the grind towards higher CP continues. The first degree is actually pretty close.
SkullFace

Post by SkullFace »

- An Aethersprite, belonging to Khalid Tyler, was attempting to perform healing and was engulfed in a blast of hellish energy! It has died! (2023-08-05 21:59:52).
:twisted:
Liche

Post by Liche »

All Glory to The Helmet! Forever may it remain Most Good!
- The shadows here seem to distort and bend at eerie angles as a chill and eerily soft breeze passes through the area. (2023-08-08 04:42:11).
- ಠﭛಠ said, "hue hue hue hue" (2023-08-08 04:42:36).
- ಠﭛಠ attacked you with a Bow of Frostbite and missed! The halo of energy surrounding you spits lightning at them! They take 7 points of electric damage! (2023-08-08 04:42:41).
- ಠﭛಠ attempted to inflict a harmful status effect (Mark of the Assassin) on you, but the power of the Helmet of Justice protected you! (2023-08-08 04:42:50).
- ಠﭛಠ attacked you with a Bow of Frostbite and hit for 31 points of unholy damage. She was hiding! The magic converts 4 MP into feedback, dealing added damage! This attack was charged with unholy hellfire! The halo of energy surrounding you spits lightning at them! They take 7 points of electric damage!They attempted to place the Mark of the Assassin upon you. However, you were protected by the power of the Helmet of Justice, which warded off the mark! (2023-08-08 04:42:50).
- The form of ಠﭛಠ seemed to warp and flicker for a moment before appearing to melt into the shadows. (2023-08-08 04:42:53).
- ಠﭛಠ attempted to inflict a harmful status effect (Mark of the Assassin) on you, but the power of the Helmet of Justice protected you! (2023-08-08 04:43:04).
- ಠﭛಠ attacked you with a Bow of Frostbite and hit for 31 points of unholy damage. She was hiding! The magic converts 4 MP into feedback, dealing added damage! This attack was charged with unholy hellfire! The halo of energy surrounding you spits lightning at them! They take 7 points of electric damage!They attempted to place the Mark of the Assassin upon you. However, you were protected by the power of the Helmet of Justice, which warded off the mark! (2023-08-08 04:43:04).
- ಠﭛಠ attempted to inflict a harmful status effect (Mark of the Assassin) on you, but the power of the Helmet of Justice protected you! (2023-08-08 04:43:09).
- ಠﭛಠ attacked you with a Bow of Frostbite and hit for 15 points of cold damage. The magic converts 4 MP into feedback, dealing added damage! The halo of energy surrounding you spits lightning at them! They take 7 points of electric damage! This was enough to kill you! They attempted to place the Mark of the Assassin upon you. However, you were protected by the power of the Helmet of Justice, which warded off the mark! (2023-08-08 04:43:09).
- You feel the effects of Hellfire fade. (2023-08-08 04:43:09).
erikune

Post by erikune »

ÆĐR has chosen the path of the eternal shepherd of Elysian souls, the Lightspeaker!
And in unrelated news, Elly Mentalist finally got her hands on all the cold spells, although not the CP to learn them all. Thanks to the people who helped out, you know who you are. ;)