Advertisement Contest

For general discussion about the game that doesn't really delve into Mechanics (see the "Mechanics Discussion" section). In Out-of-Character discussion, you are expected to be courteous to others.
Kraufen

Re: Advertisement Contest

Post by Kraufen »

Stretch wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:16 am If we are looking to spread the word about nexus clash, someone should figure out how to make DuckDuckGo search actually link to the website. It’s been broken for awhile.

Example:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=nexus%20clash&ia=web
I can look into it. I don't really know how duckduckgo works but that seems like a decent start
Badziew

Post by Badziew »

Stretch wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:16 am If we are looking to spread the word about nexus clash, someone should figure out how to make DuckDuckGo search actually link to the website. It’s been broken for awhile.

Example:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=nexus%20clash&ia=web
I seriously doubt any attempt will work, because both words are a bit too generic to be enough for a direct hit.

But at least the first result currently points to catalogue entry in some game listing webpage, and that entry has a direct link to the game itself, so (imho) that's a decent lesser evil.
My characters (sorted by IDs): Badziew, Tiger Fist, Pilgrim, Sentient Spellbook, a trojan cat.

Check my wiki profile for more information, including contact information.
Kraufen

Post by Kraufen »

Okay give me a bit I'll be announcing the uhh winner tommorow lol
NearNihil

Post by NearNihil »

Any luck with that?
Don't like someone but can't be bothered to do the dirty work yourself? Hire RED!
Want something but can't be bothered making it yourself? Buy from PIMCO!
Kraufen

Post by Kraufen »

Obviously, since Near was the only applicant, they won! Congrats. I will be using both your advertisement and the one me and jelly worked on together
NearNihil

Post by NearNihil »

Kraufen wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:41 pm Obviously, since Near was the only applicant, they won! Congrats. I will be using both your advertisement and the one me and jelly worked on together
Neat! If you want any other resolutions of the one you ended up using, let me know. As mentioned, it's relatively simple to upscale them to fit a bigger space.
Don't like someone but can't be bothered to do the dirty work yourself? Hire RED!
Want something but can't be bothered making it yourself? Buy from PIMCO!
Alkasyn

Post by Alkasyn »

Congrats, then, to the victor :D