Repo Virtual

For general discussion about the game that doesn't really delve into Mechanics (see the "Mechanics Discussion" section). In Out-of-Character discussion, you are expected to be courteous to others.
Stretch

Repo Virtual

Post by Stretch »

Hello everyone,

It's been awhile! Beautiful game you've got here, I just generated a couple characters. I notice someone took the names "Stretch" and "It Hurts", I wish them well and hope to share the original quake2 reference with them someday in-game. Those are seriously dope names so I can't be angry, and indeed I applaud your excellent taste. But I will taunt you mercillessly if I find you (TEAM TAUNT #1).

I settled on reviving my old Nexus War character "The Black Death" and also created "MACHINE FOR DEATH OF ANGELS" who appears to have been auto-assigned to The Ragged Philanthropists, which I kind of love.

While we're catching up, have you all heard of a book called "Repo Virtual"? I got it from my local Northern Virginia library because it looked like an updated take on some good cyberpunk memories, and it was solid! It had some engaging characters, thoughtful storytelling, and good pacing (I also really liked its inclusiveness). Then I read the dedications and the author gave a callout to Nexus War as the only MMO they truly became immersed in... hell yeah. Also in a way that back-handed complimented Eve, which gets a solid B+ for talking some ****.

In the end, I give it 5 out of 5 taunts e.g. I've read better prose from an Arby's wrapper. (jk, it's good and you should read it, HEY EVERYONE IT'S LIKE WE'RE FAMOUS)