Mysterious case of missing armors

For in-character discussion of NexusClash. While you must still be considerate of other posters, you may explore your role-playing side and do not need to extend the same courtesy to characters.

How do you treat armors

Wear and hold them until they are destroyed entirely
No votes
Wear until broken and just throw them away (they are heavy after all!)
11%
Wear, put them in the faction safe for fixers to fix if needed
26%
Have someone fix *your* armor placing it in the safe might mean an armor thief could get it)
26%
Fix them myself
26%
Don't need no armor
11%

Total votes: 19

Liemannen

Mysterious case of missing armors

Post by Liemannen »

They are rather big things, they shouldn't be that hard to find, but I hear that on several factions there aren't much or any of them stored.

Who takes and hides them. What do they do with them. Why don't they bring them back for repairs. So many questions...
Karlito

Re: Mysterious case of missing armors

Post by Karlito »

Not really too concerned about thieves, but armor generally goes from my body to a smith's inventory and then back again without ever touching the safe.
roly

Post by roly »

Karlito wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:23 pm Not really too concerned about thieves, but armor generally goes from my body to a smith's inventory and then back again without ever touching the safe.
This
Hypno,The Real Roly, Chessur and Drunk Uncle Roly.
erikune

Post by erikune »

1.) Wear them, smith them back up in quality for the XP.
2.) Wear them until destroyed, then either dump them when a full inventory or hand them off to a random wandering crafter.
3.) Don't bother with them, since a 3 soak against mundane only isn't going to stop an IB from eating my face anyway.

I don't generally bother with finding armor. I just put them on when I happen to run across one, and that's assuming the character's inventory doesn't have a priority for something else. I suppose that if I was aiming for Advocate/Conduit/Dark Oppressor with Enchant Item then I might consider it, but I don't think that trying to get an armor with a full soak suite plus one with +10% defense is worth my time or an Enchanter's AP on most characters.

I did have a Boxing mortal somewhat stymied by a Suit of Military Encounter Armor, but I don't think that "not getting killed by Lv.5 characters with Boxing" is worth carrying around half my inventory in one item.
A Quick Brown Fox [id 3412] ̶W̶o̶l̶f̶ Fox Revenant
ÆĐR [id 105796] Lightspeaker
Elly Mentalist [id 14108] Water Elementalist
erikune [id 3374] Bone Lich Alchemist
Scribalist [id 3375] Professional Grinder (for now)
Set o Lockpicks [id 7505] Mortal Lockpicker