Pet Panel Blank

Forum where closed and resolved bug reports live
bloarg

Pet Panel Blank

Post by bloarg »

character Dracula Mummy

https://nexusclash.com/clash.php?op=character&id=12562

this bug was intermittent yesterday, but now seems to be sticking. Character has multiple pets but nothing shows in the panel. This is happening across browsers (checked firefox 102.2.0 and chrome 114.0.5735.134)

panel is blank, other panels appear just fine. you can select the panel like normal, it just isn't populated. still getting messages from pets rejuvinating, and pet tab still has the counter that says they're out there.
Attachments
blank.png
blank.png (6.6 KiB) Viewed 18633 times
Kandarin
Site Admin

Re: Pet Panel Blank

Post by Kandarin »

Porting into your character to have a look, I could reproduce the bug, so it's not a browser or plugin issue.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes
bloarg

Post by bloarg »

Problem still exists though seems to come and go. New behavior that I just noticed : if I log in with a blank panel and create a new pet, then the pet panel becomes visible (showing old and new pets).
bloarg

Post by bloarg »

And after some testing - when I initially log on the pet panel is always blank. If during a session I create a pet, then the panel becomes visible (including previously existing pets). If I immediately go to the pet panel, all pets are there and I can rename/set stance/etc. After that (and before disconnecting that character) the pet panel returns to blank status. Still haven't nailed down what action causes this.
bloarg

Post by bloarg »

Update: Once a pet is created (still always a Stele) it is populated into the pet menu. As long as the character does not step out of the square then the pets remain populated in the pet menu. I just learned though - if the character returns to a square where pets remain (any of them) then the entire pet panel repopulates again, you can access them/rename/etc. That's all.
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

Looks like someone managed to summon .
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
Karlito

Post by Karlito »

As a Fallen with a mixed set of imps and bone guardians, the pet panel blanked itself once I dismissed the imps and had only bone guardians (sitting in a different location from my character)
Kandarin
Site Admin

Post by Kandarin »

I think I see a clear code cause for this and have a pending solution for next patch.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes