Oils of Fire not showing in faction safe

Forum where closed and resolved bug reports live
Leila

Oils of Fire not showing in faction safe

Post by Leila »

Leila stashed batches of Oil of Death and Oil of Fire today:
- You place your Oil of Death into your faction safe. (2022-07-13 15:25:23).
- You feel the effects of Light Feet fade. (2022-07-13 15:25:23).
- (3 times) You place your Oil of Death into your faction safe. (2022-07-13 15:25:32).
- You feel the effects of Sanctuary fade. (2022-07-13 15:25:32).
- (2 times) You place your Oil of Death into your faction safe. (2022-07-13 15:25:36).
- (6 times) You place your Oil of Fire into your faction safe. (2022-07-13 15:25:46).
When I checked the faction safe to log our potion inventory, I found that the Oils of Fire were missing and, unexpectedly, there were twelve Oils of Death. In the inventory notes I keep, we had no Oils of Death before I went to update our numbers, and I only brewed one batch which should have only given us six. I asked someone else and they confirmed that they only see the twelve death oils, and no fire.
"They could do nothing individually. So they went mad, en masse."
Weirdomen

Re: Oils of Fire not showing in faction safe

Post by Weirdomen »

Hello, Peter Coleman just stored 12 Termite Paste items in our faction safe, and they also seem to appear as Oil of Death: the number of "Oil of Death" in the safe has increased by 12, and no Termite Paste is apparent.

If I retrieve Oil of Death from the safe, I get correctly Oil of Death up to the amount that was actually stacked there. Then, the safe appears to have no more of that item, so the Termite Paste is invisible there (as is Oil of Fire, as Leila mentioned).

If I put back one Oil of Death, the number jumps to the total of Termite Paste + Oil of Fire + 1 Oil of Death.

Thank you!
Weirdomen

Post by Weirdomen »

More info: I checked with another character, and in their safe, Oil of Death and Termite Paste are separately visible.
So this bug doesn't affect all safes.
Leila

Post by Leila »

I brewed a batch of Oil of Holiness and was advised to try stashing one. We started with three in the safe.
- (2 times) You place your Oil of Holiness into your faction safe. (2022-07-21 21:31:03).
I stashed one, checked, and stashed one again just to be sure. Instead both got sucked into a black hole and the Oil of Death stack incremented by two.
GreatCatatonic

Post by GreatCatatonic »

Leila wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:33 pm I brewed a batch of Oil of Holiness and was advised to try stashing one. We started with three in the safe.
- (2 times) You place your Oil of Holiness into your faction safe. (2022-07-21 21:31:03).
I stashed one, checked, and stashed one again just to be sure. Instead both got sucked into a black hole and the Oil of Death stack incremented by two.
Possibly related: one of my character's Oil of Holiness was displaying in her inventory as a Blood Ice. A few non-item-related actions later, it switched back to an Oil of Holiness.

--Great
Leila

Post by Leila »

I discovered additional weirdness today when I removed all the oils of death and oils of fire from the faction safe. When I removed the death oils (five in total), the "false" stack became oil of fire. When I removed the oils of fire (six in total), the false stack disappeared. When I stashed an oil of holiness, it completely disappeared and didn't become part of a new stack. When I returned the oils of fire to the safe, the false stack reappeared, and then it disappeared to become a false stack of oils of death when I returned those to the safe.

When I dropped them, this happened:

Edit: I also noted the appearance of Weirdomen's termite paste, which I was able to retrieve normally after I removed all the oils of death and fire from the safe. Yet 16 appeared in the safe, he says there were only 12. I'll play with those later, I guess, and see if I can untangle the mess further.