Odd enchantment MP cost.

Forum where closed and resolved bug reports live
Igor Dolvich

Odd enchantment MP cost.

Post by Igor Dolvich »

I was given an armour that had 8 layers of dodge enchantment. I went to put the last two layers back on it. They cost a lot less MP than they should - exactly as if I just started enchanting a clean slate.
- You marshal your magical knowledge and focus your attention on suffusing the Chainmail Shirt with your chosen enchantment. After several moments, you step away from the item, having met with success. The defense enchantment has been woven into the item. You spent 6 Action Points and 8 Magic Points. You gain 20 Experience Points. (2022-04-20 21:53:00).
- You marshal your magical knowledge and focus your attention on suffusing the Chainmail Shirt with your chosen enchantment. After several moments, you step away from the item, having met with success. The defense enchantment has been woven into the item. You spent 6 Action Points and 4 Magic Points. You gain 15 Experience Points. (2022-04-20 21:52:41).
Character is Pierre-Simon Laplace
Klapaucius

Re: Odd enchantment MP cost.

Post by Klapaucius »

The cost is based on how many layers *you* have put on the item.

If someone else did 9, and you do 1, you only pay the effective cost for a one layer enchant.

I believe that this is by design.
Kandarin

Re: Odd enchantment MP cost.

Post by Kandarin »

Correct, this is not a bug.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes