Infusion 'reward' idea for Good.

Suggestions the development team sees as having value for future content.

Do you like this feature/change?

Yes (as is)
No votes
Yes (with significant change)
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 2

tremor3258

Infusion 'reward' idea for Good.

Post by tremor3258 »

Just I'm sure you guys are working on this but some considerations towards making it flavored differently.

First observations on existing:
Overlords get a ton of benefits to themselves and basically up themselves a level. Evil generally is somewhat less synergistic, and the DO gets 'extra' domination, to summarize a bit too glibly.

So as some suggestions - while Advocates would be a fit if we need a neighborhood Pope or some sort of administrator - flavor towards infused neighborhoods give some sort of aura effect to Goods (either morally or Class-wise) regardless of having some allegiance - with the bonuses tied to support skills, and possibly selectable by an Advopope if need that - such as increased healing, MP effects, fortification/barricading. Maybe slight accuracy/damage or soak.

These effects could perhaps for some 'donation' of MP/AP shuffled off on a single character for some length of time.
Kraufen

Re: Infusion 'reward' idea for Good.

Post by Kraufen »

In okay with all this if neutrals get something. As of right now to my neutrals infusion is like a thing I have to do to have a SH and that's it.
tremor3258

Post by tremor3258 »

Neutrals *absolutely* should get something I'm just not quite sure what.
RKBBQ

Post by RKBBQ »

I'm liking the idea of a more cooperative good infusion endgame. Maybe advocates form a College of Cardinals sort of thing like the Council of Keys.

One cardinal per claimed neighborhood, including non-Cordy neighborhoods, rather than element/skill based to encourage territorial control.
Active: Alexios (12693) | Johnny (12760) | Libby (12549) | Red (12555) | Sal (12599) | Gourmand (12808) | 02 (13907)
Released: George (12805) | Remy (12541) | VC (12538) | Silurus (12540)
sekki

Post by sekki »

Revenant could be a good fit for neutral territory control.

Would be awesome if you fit a vampires vs. wolves thing going there too (maybe wolf/bat form stronger for allied in wolf/bat conquered territories respectively - could also put dust in there but lore-wise I don't actually know what dust is supposed to represent). There's also the small problem that currently revs can take all the forms... but maybe the rev in control just picks the one they want it to be?
Klapaucius

Post by Klapaucius »

A recap of some discussions in discord, with my own thoughts tossed into the mix:

GOODS

A neighborhood that is on balance infused to good is eligible to be claimed for a good elder power.

Based on the activities over the last 7 days, points are assigned in favor of:

Healing/energising/defensive blessings: Alonai
Killing demons/giving out offensive blessings/?: Namm
Summoning pets/talking/magic blessings?: Barass

Any elder power with more than a certain number of points is eligible to claim the neighborhood. The neighborhood is claimed by any good character at a place of power, who can 'dedicate domain to xx'.

Once claimed, the the actions which provide points for the appropriate elder power are boosted:

Alonai: Boost healing and duration of defensive prayers/blessings
Namm: +3 damage vs demons/evils/neutrals if daddy Namm says so in the neighborhood and extend offensive prayers/blessings
Barass: +1 mp from praying, -1 mp from pet summoning costs or something like that

All goods in the neighborhood get the bonus. Reassigning the elder power is possible only if the points for the new elder power exceed the old one.

Maybe have a flavor text in the place of power saying 'You feel Alonai watching contentedly over the area' for an area dedicated to Alonai where Alonai actions are most prominent, or 'You feel Namm's interest in the region growing' if the region is dedicated to someone else but Namm is in the lead, indicating that Namm is eligable for a takeover.

n.b. lots of the features here are highly related to advocates, so I think it would be okay to make this the advocate endgame?

NEUTRALS

For neutrals, allow the neighborhood to be claimed by a faction. Claim will be possible when having your SH in the neighborhood, which enables the function "Stake claim over neighborhood" for any leader/lieutenant. Like overlord, a neutral faction which successfully caps a neutral faction with dominion over a neighborhood while having their SH in that neighborhood will claim it automatically.

Neutral factions with dominion get the following:
- All renown over time costs halved
- +250 max ward
- +100 max forts
- the equivalent of the ebony/ivory tower bonus on their SH tile
- +2 damage in their neighborhood

If the SH is down for more than 1/2 the time, like Overlordship, it is forfeit.

I'm not sure who would be best to have this as their endgame?
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

Klapaucius wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:19 am A recap of some discussions in discord, with my own thoughts tossed into the mix:

GOODS

A neighborhood that is on balance infused to good is eligible to be claimed for a good elder power.

Any elder power with more than a certain number of points is eligible to claim the neighborhood. The neighborhood is claimed by any good character at a place of power, who can 'dedicate domain to xx'.

Once claimed, the the actions which provide points for the appropriate elder power are boosted:

Namm: +3 damage vs demons/evils/neutrals if daddy Namm says so in the neighborhood and extend offensive prayers/blessings
Barass: +1 mp from praying, -1 mp from pet summoning costs or something like that

All goods in the neighborhood get the bonus. Reassigning the elder power is possible only if the points for the new elder power exceed the old one.

Maybe have a flavor text in the place of power saying 'You feel Alonai watching contentedly over the area' for an area dedicated to Alonai where Alonai actions are most prominent, or 'You feel Namm's interest in the region growing' if the region is dedicated to someone else but Namm is in the lead, indicating that Namm is eligable for a takeover.

n.b. lots of the features here are highly related to advocates, so I think it would be okay to make this the advocate endgame?

NEUTRALS

For neutrals, allow the neighborhood to be claimed by a faction. Claim will be possible when having your SH in the neighborhood, which enables the function "Stake claim over neighborhood" for any leader/lieutenant. Like overlord, a neutral faction which successfully caps a neutral faction with dominion over a neighborhood while having their SH in that neighborhood will claim it automatically.

- +250 max ward
- +100 max forts

I really like this proposal.
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
Kandarin

Post by Kandarin »

Klapaucius wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:19 am A recap of some discussions in discord, with my own thoughts tossed into the mix:

GOODS

NEUTRALS

- +250 max ward
- +100 max forts

These (or kernels of these) are good ideas. In general, angel endgames or territory minigames should be cooperative, while demons are competitive and Unaligned can be somewhere in between.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes