Skills: Stygian Murder Wasps Cost MP

Suggestions the development team does not plan to act on
SignedName

Skills: Stygian Murder Wasps Cost MP

Post by SignedName »

When a Corruptor summons Stygian Murder Wasps, they spend 15 MP per swarm of wasps summoned- if they don't have enough MP left, no additional swarms get summoned. Swarms can quickly get out of hand and 10 or more simultaneous instances of the pet isn't only possible but likely. Tying it to an MP cost would help deal with the issue, especially since the skill is way overtuned for its cost of 30CP, and bring a strategic element to MP reserves for Corruptors. The skill would also now have a synergy with Draining Field and Cosmic Affinity/Mastery- as the Corruptor gets these skills, its ability to summon more swarms increases.
Fellis
Site Admin

Re: Skills: Stygian Murder Wasps Cost MP

Post by Fellis »

Wasps are definitely too strong right now, probably need less summoned for the damage OR a summoning cap of like 5ish OR less damage per swarm (so it's always a tickle) AND/OR less pet MP so they only get a few attacks per swarm.

any significant MP cost per swarm just punts the corruptors MP reserves for no reason. Even if they do get really good active MP regen, it still requires plenty of AP/MP to build those stores up.
SignedName

Post by SignedName »

Fellis wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:40 pm Wasps are definitely too strong right now, probably need less summoned for the damage OR a summoning cap of like 5ish OR less damage per swarm (so it's always a tickle) AND/OR less pet MP so they only get a few attacks per swarm.

any significant MP cost per swarm just punts the corruptors MP reserves for no reason. Even if they do get really good active MP regen, it still requires plenty of AP/MP to build those stores up.
The only significant MP expense for Corruptors is Touch of Corrupted Loyalty and associated pet rejuvenation. Gaining enough MP to cast spells is trivial for a Corruptor. Though if MP "loss" (it's not really a loss since it's being spent on something which provides a tangible benefit) is really a concern, maybe add a mechanic where if you dismiss the Wasps early you regain any of their leftover MP as they get reabsorbed into your body (recouping MP to pay for pet upkeep isn't really a concern if you're already dead and your pets gone).
Nayru

Post by Nayru »

only way i think they're very overtuned atm is that you can pull them with you for short-term es hunting and they'd probably be better served being a lesser area hazard that stays in place like tentacles

maybe if draining aura (and thus cor defenses) worked like how it did in 3.5/4 they'd be a bit crazy but it doesn't
- You say, "Oh my me." (2022-01-30 03:41:07).
Fellis
Site Admin

Post by Fellis »

yeah my earlier call on "too strong" was some misconception on how the skill worked and self-activation. whether they are too strong or not really depends, like most pets, whether you are soaking them to 1 or not. but since 70% of mundane armor at pristine, 50% at good, 30% at average can reduce to 1, I'm gonna go ahead and say it's not that big a deal. I agree they should probably be persistent at the site of summoning though, not a free ES for those willing to exploit it.