Skill: Archon - Abjure Evil

Suggestions the development team does not plan to act on
SaltedSalmon

Re: Skill: Archon - Abjure Evil

Post by SaltedSalmon »

Goliath wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:03 am But preventing someone from accessing their own territory would be an absolute ass move. It also gives a very clear niche to the skill, that of protecting good territory from non-good attackers.
Banishment could reset if the raid ends one way or another...

But if not even that then RIP this thread. I already explained why it being usable only on the defensive would be bad.
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

SaltedSalmon wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:57 pm
Goliath wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:03 am But preventing someone from accessing their own territory would be an absolute ass move. It also gives a very clear niche to the skill, that of protecting good territory from non-good attackers.
Banishment could reset if the raid ends one way or another...

But if not even that then RIP this thread. I already explained why it being usable only on the defensive would be bad.
You stated that it being usable only on the defensive would be "nuking more than just 50% of the skill's usefulness". Which doesn't necessarily mean bad, just less useful.
Which would by no means make it a useless skill however, as it'd be excellent at defense, both at cutting ongoing raids and at preventing further attacks or hunts of an enemy on a tile.
This would be particularly useful when killing an enemy on an important resource point, such as a transporter.
And I could see a 15 minute banishment version working as an offensive version of this skill, however it makes no sense for an Archon or any character to banish an evil character from their evil stronghold on their evil aligned tile, possibly on their evil aligned plane even.
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
SaltedSalmon

Post by SaltedSalmon »

Well met and argued.
I don't feel strongly about it anymore so its mostly up to the devs on how they feel about this suggestion.

One thing I'd like to say though,
Goliath wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:23 pm And I could see a 15 minute banishment version working as an offensive version of this skill, however it makes no sense for an Archon or any character to banish an evil character from their evil stronghold on their evil aligned tile, possibly on their evil aligned plane even.
Archon, to me, would be the kind of class that goes out to enemy territory and acts as if they should own the place, if that makes sense.
Perhaps not in a stronghold in Stygia. But in Cordillera, even if somewhere with +100 evil infusion? I'd see no problem with it.
Kandarin

Post by Kandarin »

"Skills that force someone else to move" are a pretty rare and radioactive topic. There's a reason Breath 1 banishment skills are gone.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes