Morality shifts in the Circus

Suggestions the development team does not plan to act on
Skouth

Morality shifts in the Circus

Post by Skouth »

Sometimes you and a fellow angel have a disagreement. Sometimes you just need to take them to Beatdown City, USA. But there's this little thing called MORALITY that prevent both of you from reaching the desired result.
What if, through some inventive twist and flexing of power, the brain genius that is Lord Tlacolotl managed to subvert Namm's law in a small place in Stygia, a place called the Circus Carnivorous? What if morality losses didn't apply in the Circus?
Basically make the Circus Nexus Clash's Gurubashi Arena and let angels solve their differences "peacefully" and with no lasting harm to their MO
if you're worried about angels finding a way to abuse this and grind (because you know they will), just make it so that EXP gains are halved or non-existent if you're hitting a fellow good.

Edit: OR, ALTERNATIVELY, duels? Challenge someone to a duel, non-lethal or to the death, duels grant no exp? idk just spitballing here
FOO LION DELENDA EST
sohdbrimks

Re: Morality shifts in the Circus

Post by sohdbrimks »

Make the morality shift randomly: 33% chance it goes up, 33% chance it goes down and 33% chance it doesn't change.
I think this is more in line with the chaotic nature of the circus.
SaltedSalmon

Post by SaltedSalmon »

I think negating MO shifts is more interesting, so people don't randomly de-angel/de-demon in the middle of their fights.
If that ever happens.
Klapaucius

Post by Klapaucius »

+1 from me. Organising a tournament of some kind is totally on my things to do list, and having good vs good be possible would be most excellent.
Kandarin

Post by Kandarin »

The Evil Elder Powers are just as invested in the Morality system as the Good Elder Powers are, but in different ways and for different reasons.

Good vs Good will always be Hard Mode and that'll never be changed.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes