Skill: Holy Intercessor (Advocate)

Suggestions for game development and improvements. One suggestion to a thread, please.
erikune

Re: Skill: Holy Intercessor (Advocate)

Post by erikune »

The point was to compare the immunities that various classes get. Many classes get much better tools alongside their immunity skills, especially if you consider just the base blessing skill granted from Holy Intercessor and not the additional benefits.

It's true that Unholy Immunity is better than Fire/Death Immunity, but that is likely because of the immunities which IB, Lich, and Revenant have in their class. It's not so true now, but there was a time when Fire spells dealt the most damage and people still avoided them, precisely because of the IB and the Fireman's Jacket soak. And Death is actually a great damage type, getting soaked by no mundane armor and only the Doom Howler's innate armor providing a good soak against Death. Acid is pretty great too, as long as you aren't trying to target a demon with it. The reason that Cold tends to be a lot more popular, though, is because no armor has really great soak against it and there are no immunities (outside one Holy Champion activated skill.

I do feel like it's a bit of an artifact from Nexus War, though. Back in NW and early Nexus Clash, angels tended to have defensive skills and demons had offensive skills. DOs had Agony Curse, Life Vampire, and Soul Vampire. WMs had Acid Touch. Advocates had... Unholy Immunity. Which really boiled down to immunity to Blood Claws, Hellfire, and Rage Strike, unless somebody was enchanting their only weapon into Unholy.

I'm not really putting a foot on either side of the conversion, especially since I've never ran an Advocate in any breath. I'm just pointing out that nearly a fifth of the T3 classes are flat out immune to a damage type, closer to a quarter of T3s for practical purposes. And that a lot of the practical usage of any one damage type boils down to the armors and immunities you're likely to run into. I'm not sure how tanks an Advocate is with Seal Magic + Holy Intercessor, especially compared to the Legion Master + Lord over Domain + Seal Magic DO, or whatever transcendents try to do.
A Quick Brown Fox [id 3412] ̶W̶o̶l̶f̶ Fox Revenant
ÆĐR [id 105796] Lightspeaker
Elly Mentalist [id 14108] Water Elementalist
erikune [id 3374] Bone Lich Alchemist
Scribalist [id 3375] Professional Grinder (for now)
Set o Lockpicks [id 7505] Mortal Lockpicker
Carmilla

Post by Carmilla »

You should speak with Haweh if you wanna learn about tank advocates. Destina was practically unkillable xD... Only reason I managed to kill her once cuz I happened to be a VW with soak bypass. A fully decked out advocate can look up to something like this:-
Haweh

Post by Haweh »

1 AP prayer for defense go brr
Carmilla

Post by Carmilla »

I would like to rescind this suggestion because I am infact making an advocate now. Pls no nerf
Kandarin
Site Admin

Post by Kandarin »

It’s worth mentioning that dev consensus going into B6 is against the idea of immunities broadly, with a preference for using high resistances instead of absolute resistances.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes