Game Play - Font Destruction via saccing

Suggestions for game development and improvements. One suggestion to a thread, please.
Meric

Game Play - Font Destruction via saccing

Post by Meric »

It feels like this would have been suggested before...

So once fonts are summoned they are pretty much mainstay features on the map. In my mind Id like to see fonts (or similar sites of power) one day contribute to some sort of territory control mechanism in the game (instead of infusion)

Taking one out is very challenging whereby you need to exhaust it over many visits. Unless you are very dedicated or very bored its not really possible.

Currently you can buff fonts total MP by saccing potions to a max of 100 (from 35). A lot of factions such as Foundation, TDS, Pirates, Circus have font fields as far as they eye can see, which sure my Enchanters and pet masters love but it would be nice to have some counter-play to them and besides a Stronghold or infusion they are the most visible sign of control of an area etc.

How about if there was a potion type that when sacc'd decreased the font max total MP by 2 damaging it. It would need to have MP below 10 to trigger this effect. When its above 10 the potion instead reduces the current MP stock by X amount.

So theoretically it would take 50 potions to exhaust a fully charged font. Which is roughly ~1200ap of effort overall - however, admittedly with how stocked some of my factions are it would be 2-ish AP cycles.

Play about with the numbers, maybe it does 3 damage or maybe it does ramping down damage so 100-70 strength it does 3, then 69-35 it does 2, then 34-0 it does only 1 per potion.

Potions that have this impact could be:

Fire Font > Cold Affinity
Cold Font > Fire Affinity
Elec Font > Flying (no idea why)
Arcane Font > Holy or Unholy Affinity
Death Font > Healing Potion
Acid Font > Regeneration Potion
Holy Font > Unholy Affinity
Unholy Font > Holy Affinity
Mundanes Font > Magic Recovery
Sunset Shimmer attacked you with a Frozen Gauntlet and hit for 62 points of holy damage. She was hiding! This attack was charged with righteous wrath! Their body strained with holy resolve as they added physical power to this attack! (2021-11-22)