Increase Lockpick Success Chance

Suggestions for game development and improvements. One suggestion to a thread, please.
SignedName

Increase Lockpick Success Chance

Post by SignedName »

What it says on the tin. 60% with both Lockpicking and Lockpicks is pretty pathetic given its limited utility. I think upping the base chance to 30% and the chance with Lockpicking to 80% would be fair.
erikune

Re: Increase Lockpick Success Chance

Post by erikune »

As probably the only person running a lifetime lockpicker, I'm not sure how much of a change this would really make. +5% to someone without the skill is really not going to impact anybody in any meaningful matter, and I highly doubt anybody is taking the Lockpicking skill for some guarantee on getting through a door. Most characters who want to guarantee getting past a door in 2AP make it a point of dealing 15+ damage.

Is there some sort of niche situation where characters want an additional 20% chance of getting through a locked door, but don't have a strong enough attack and/or some sort of Wisp Form method or getting through? :? Most players who pick up Lockpicking are, I assume, just going for the 1000 locks picked achievement.
A Quick Brown Fox [id 3412] ̶W̶o̶l̶f̶ Fox Revenant
ÆĐR [id 105796] Lightspeaker
Elly Mentalist [id 14108] Water Elementalist
erikune [id 3374] Bone Lich Alchemist
Scribalist [id 3375] Professional Grinder (for now)
Set o Lockpicks [id 7505] Mortal Lockpicker
indigosound

Re: Increase Lockpick Success Chance

Post by indigosound »

I just did my lockpick grind and some times you miss 3 times in a row and that just feels bad so I can see this going for 60% to 80% would make nice over that 1000 or more successes.