Baraasphemy, but it works on good classes

Suggestions for game development and improvements. One suggestion to a thread, please.

Do you like this feature/change?

Yes (as is)
33%
Yes (with significant change)
67%
No
No votes

Total votes: 3

Klapaucius

Baraasphemy, but it works on good classes

Post by Klapaucius »

Currently, blasphemy against Baraas disables a bunch of evil and several unaligned abilities, but literally no good abilities unless I'm missing something.

Abilities theoretically affected:
Evil
- Intimidating aura
- DH aura
- DH AoE
- Explosive murder
Unaligned
- Bursting flare
- Way of void
Generic
- SMG & flamethrower aoe

Seems more like blasphemy against tlalcotl.

Proposed boost:

Prevent targeting based on alignment, including pet targeting.

- So, song of the word and HC AoE now hit everyone
- LS pets will respect your stance, but not morality. So LS need to watch their stance. The might get into a fight if a bunch of non allied LS are cohabiting
- HC and advocate area buffs now affect neutrals and evils too
erikune

Re: Baraasphemy, but it works on good classes

Post by erikune »

I'm not familiar with the skills in question, but looking at the wiki, this is a strange situation. Good class skills work around the problem by just supporting any good characters, but given that the theme is calling out blasphemy against a good elder power, it seems really odd that it's best use is when raiding an opposing evil faction. Not that such a skill is out of theme for a Fallen, just that it's out of theme of blasphemizing a good power. What, Baraas got so upset that he turned off factional bonuses for the evil powers?

I say no to having Lightspeaker pets attack any targets. And skill which basically says "all Lightspeakers in the area lose 25 MO" is basically going to be overpowered.

The idea of it treating every character in the area as good (and thus, sharing the buffs/avoiding Song of the Word) sounds like a fun one. My biggest concern is that it doesn't seem to fit the theme of the skill much. Blasphemy against Baraas isn't suddenly going to make Baraas think that evil should be getting his buff skills as well. Perhaps I'm just looking at it in the wrong light.

One idea I have is to make all characters in the area appear evil (for the purposes of Sense Moraltiy, Demon Tracker, and so on) while also listing everybody in the area as in a hostile faction, similar to how Blood Frenzy works (or worked, if that changed). While it means angels won't be losing their powers just by throwing around typically-safe AoEs, it does mean that they can end up hitting factionmates and potentially tanking their MO that way. A Blasphemy against Baraas causing people to intentionally, if accidentally, tank their own MO sounds more fitting of the skill than having all their "no effect against Good" skills suddenly cause them MO drops.
A Quick Brown Fox [id 3412] ̶W̶o̶l̶f̶ Fox Revenant
ÆĐR [id 105796] Lightspeaker
Elly Mentalist [id 14108] Water Elementalist
erikune [id 3374] Bone Lich Alchemist
Scribalist [id 3375] Professional Grinder (for now)
Set o Lockpicks [id 7505] Mortal Lockpicker
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

What if it affected prayer effects specifically?
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
Klapaucius

Post by Klapaucius »

erikune wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:40 pm I say no to having Lightspeaker pets attack any targets. And skill which basically says "all Lightspeakers in the area lose 25 MO" is basically going to be overpowered.
It wouldn't do that, it would just take LS pets to be the same as lich/ele pets. i.e. only tank your MO if you have them on aggressive and a good person comes past.
Goliath wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:17 pm What if it affected prayer effects specifically?
In the sense of disabling prayers? Or allowing evil characters to steal prayers from advocates? It would be nice to have more counterplay to big prayer buffers :)
Last edited by Klapaucius on Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

Goliath wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:17 pm What if it affected prayer effects specifically?
In the sense of disabling prayers? Or allowing evil characters to steal prayers from advocates? It would be nice to have counterplay to big prayer buffers :)
[/quote]

If I had a solid idea I'd have posted it.
My thoughts were basically:
- Baraas is the EP of cooperation
- How can we weaken good faction cooperation
- Prevent goods from affecting each other
--- But that mostly prevents LS from healing goods which heavily steps on Blasphemy against Alonai
- Instead, weaken prayers
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
erikune

Post by erikune »

Klapaucius wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:32 pm
erikune wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:40 pm I say no to having Lightspeaker pets attack any targets. And skill which basically says "all Lightspeakers in the area lose 25 MO" is basically going to be overpowered.
It wouldn't do that, it would just take LS pets to be the same as lich/ele pets. i.e. only tank your MO if you have them on aggressive and a good person comes past.
How often do Lightspeakers have large groups of pets which they put on passive or defensive? More specifically, how often do Lightspeakers in faction have large groups of pets which they put on strictly defensive, as opposed to Aggressive to Non-Faction? This change would basically ask all Lightspeakers in the Nexus to avoid attacking any faction invaders who break through the stronghold ward, or else potentially lose all their powers and need to start healing/playing with power/kill some demons with Mortal skills to get them back. More importantly, it would mean that all raiders would know that Lightspeaker pets were on defensive as a rule, meaning they could just ignore LS petshields unless they were starting things off with AoE attacks.

You could have the pets attack factionmates without adjusting the MO of the Lightspeaker, but I'm not sure how well the Blasphemy of Baraas making good pets insane fits the theme.
A Quick Brown Fox [id 3412] ̶W̶o̶l̶f̶ Fox Revenant
ÆĐR [id 105796] Lightspeaker
Elly Mentalist [id 14108] Water Elementalist
erikune [id 3374] Bone Lich Alchemist
Scribalist [id 3375] Professional Grinder (for now)
Set o Lockpicks [id 7505] Mortal Lockpicker
Klapaucius

Post by Klapaucius »

erikune wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:01 am
Klapaucius wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:32 pm
How often do Lightspeakers have large groups of pets which they put on passive or defensive? More specifically, how often do Lightspeakers in faction have large groups of pets which they put on strictly defensive, as opposed to Aggressive to Non-Faction? This change would basically ask all Lightspeakers in the Nexus to avoid attacking any faction invaders who break through the stronghold ward, or else potentially lose all their powers and need to start healing/playing with power/kill some demons with Mortal skills to get them back. More importantly, it would mean that all raiders would know that Lightspeaker pets were on defensive as a rule, meaning they could just ignore LS petshields unless they were starting things off with AoE attacks.

You could have the pets attack factionmates without adjusting the MO of the Lightspeaker, but I'm not sure how well the Blasphemy of Baraas making good pets insane fits the theme.
I'm not that attached to the idea. It wouldn't work in good SHs anyway, since SHs preclude MO dropping. And it wouldn't work in evil SHs, since evil SHs treat everyone as having evil MO. It was a bit of a throwaway to be honest - I actually don't think the suggestion as written would have had any meaningful impact outside of, maybe, groups of unallied lightspeakers huddling together in libraries.
sekki

Post by sekki »

Since Baraas is also the patron of structure:

-5 fortifications built per action that build forts.

Maybe reduce the amount that ward regens while the blasphemy is active.

Alternatively give good cooperation abilities so that the blasphemy as currently written is actually useful.