[Skill] Fundamental change to Touch of Corrupted Loyalty

Suggestions for game development and improvements. One suggestion to a thread, please.
Skouth

[Skill] Fundamental change to Touch of Corrupted Loyalty

Post by Skouth »

ToCL is strong.
Too strong.
It's also thematically weird that (correct me if I'm wrong but that's the vibe I've always got from the Corruptor) the demon that is aligned the most with Greed and short term benefits over long term thinking's strongest strat is to carefully tend to a flock of supercharged titan pets. So what I propose is

- Improve ToCL's base accuracy
- Remove the cap on how many pets you can have at the same time
- Corrupted pets CANNOT be regenerated
- Pets that don't lose AP on the tick do so
- Pets lose 2 AP per tick
- Maybe add a 90cp skill that steals pets in an AoE? like 3-5 per use
- MAYBE make corrupted pets hit harder? but also decay faster in combat?

What this does is shift Corruptor's gameplan from being a supercharged petmaster in all but name (fucking boring (You have been alive for 25 days. (please kill me) ) ) into a combat pet stealer that goes in your SH and steals your dog then kills you with it
Particularly the AoE skill and the part where corrupted pets hit harder
FOO LION DELENDA EST
Goliath

Re: [Skill] Fundamental change to Touch of Corrupted Loyalty

Post by Goliath »

I don't think AoE pet-steal is a good idea (or it would have to cost a few AP and a ton of MP), but otherwise, shifting Corr's pet-steal playstyle to be more active seems fine.
I'm not sure about the details of this implementation but it doesn't seem bad at first glance.
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
RKBBQ

Post by RKBBQ »

Like it - new Corr survivability is also way down too, so this pairs nicely in making Corr an strong anti-pet weapon.

"Abuse and dump" also seems to really thematically fit Corr too.
Active: Alexios (12693) | Johnny (12760) | Libby (12549) | Red (12555) | Sal (12599) | Gourmand (12808) | 02 (13907)
Released: George (12805) | Remy (12541) | VC (12538) | Silurus (12540)
SaltedSalmon

Post by SaltedSalmon »

Goliath wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:47 pm I don't think AoE pet-steal is a good idea (or it would have to cost a few AP and a ton of MP), but otherwise, shifting Corr's pet-steal playstyle to be more active seems fine.
Its probably going to be underpowered because you'll cast it and get a few weak pets instead of the enemy's titan pets.
RKBBQ

Post by RKBBQ »

SaltedSalmon wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:04 pm
Goliath wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:47 pm I don't think AoE pet-steal is a good idea (or it would have to cost a few AP and a ton of MP), but otherwise, shifting Corr's pet-steal playstyle to be more active seems fine.
Its probably going to be underpowered because you'll cast it and get a few weak pets instead of the enemy's titan pets.
Also like the idea of making chaff pets like lesser elementals and imps worthwhile.

LSes are already spamming sprites, so no change needed there.
Active: Alexios (12693) | Johnny (12760) | Libby (12549) | Red (12555) | Sal (12599) | Gourmand (12808) | 02 (13907)
Released: George (12805) | Remy (12541) | VC (12538) | Silurus (12540)
Skouth

Post by Skouth »

If corrupted pets had a damage floor of 2, cleaving through a patch of aethersprites might become worthwhile?
FOO LION DELENDA EST
Nayru

Post by Nayru »

ultimately you're still proposing an abject mechanical nerf to a class that has had every single historical mechanic destroyed by b5, cor needs serious design help + probably to not take a nc genius to play in a non-passive way

i get the ceiling for cor power can still wind up pretty up there, punting that + making it even more convoluted = ergh
- You say, "Oh my me." (2022-01-30 03:41:07).
Dissident

Post by Dissident »

As someone who has played corruptor since breath 3 and only seeing this now in this breath probably means it's a problem with the pets being stolen because that's the only part of this mechanic that has been changed.

What's being proposed here is highly dependent there to be 1. Good Enemy Pets 2. Have Enemy pets at all 3. Taking Pets before the Tank kills them which raises the skill/page-refresh dependency even more.

Another angle that I want to compare is the experience of Corrs in Feral/Small Faction/and then OS level of feeding Necros. (since that's probably where this is coming) Admittedly, when I recruited another Corruptor in OS I wanted to show how busted Titan ticks in general (and hopefully get it nerfed) but looks like players have already adjusted and came up with various ways to tackle them.

If you could come up with something that scales with that experience I would love to revisit this thread but right now OP Corruptors are those with good logistic supports.

For now, I would have to agree with Nayru here.

You know what I think is OP and that doesn't need insane MP dump or coordination? 100% Guaranteed All-Tick potion stripping :lol: