[Skill] Seal Magic sealing other people's items

Suggestions for game development and improvements. One suggestion to a thread, please.
Skouth

[Skill] Seal Magic sealing other people's items

Post by Skouth »

HEAR ME OUT
You should be able to spend some of your maximum MP to seal items for other people. It's like, you know, you put so much effort and a part of your essence into the item to make the enchants stick. Like Sauron forging the One Ring, you know what I'm saying?
Here's the nitty gritty.

Can seal items for free X times (1 time at levels 20-24, 2 times at levels 25-29 and 3 times at level 30)
Every item above your free seal cap, you have to spend 5(?) MAXIMUM MP to maintain
You can manage your seals in a panel similar to the DO pacts panel, can cancel seals at any time
Sealing an item makes it so it doesn't lose enchants on death anymore
Maybe make a sealed item accept another enchant too? Some benefit for feral/selfish enchanters?
"yeah but if I seal enough items how am I going to get enough mana to enchant more stuff, dingus"
that's the beauty of it, you don't.
Alternatively use SM/soul ice/pray, c'mon, try to keep up
FOO LION DELENDA EST
Nova

Re: [Skill] Seal Magic sealing other people's items

Post by Nova »

Perhaps the bonus should be always on enchants, because otherwise how is my feral enchanter going to get enough mana to activate the enchants, dingus
Skouth

Post by Skouth »

Nova wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:05 pm Perhaps the bonus should be always on enchants, because otherwise how is my feral enchanter going to get enough mana to activate the enchants, dingus
p-potions?
*sweats*
people activate enchants with potions right?
FOO LION DELENDA EST
Stretch

Post by Stretch »

It would add some cool flavor to enchanting, too... like the enchanter would be able to make a small quantity of 'masterwork' items that would never degrade.
Nova

Post by Nova »

Skouth wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:50 pm
Nova wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:05 pm Perhaps the bonus should be always on enchants, because otherwise how is my feral enchanter going to get enough mana to activate the enchants, dingus
p-potions?
*sweats*
people activate enchants with potions right?
How is my feral enchanter going to get enough mana to make potions.

Also, no, I'm pretty sure no one uses potions if they can avoid it.