[Prayer] [Serious Suggestion] Greater Offensive Blessing Sprites

Suggestions for game development and improvements. One suggestion to a thread, please.
Skouth

[Prayer] [Serious Suggestion] Greater Offensive Blessing Sprites

Post by Skouth »

Let me paint you a picture here. Skip to the end if you're not an art appreciator.

*I THOUGHT ABOUT WRITING A BIG BIT ABOUT A DH SQUARING OFF AGAINST THE HORDES OF DEMONS WITH A DYING ADVOCATE BY HER SIDE, THE ADVOCATE REACHES OUT TO THE DH BEFORE DYING TO BLESS HER AND INSTEAD OF A BIG DICK BLESSING THE DH GETS A SHITTY SPRITE INSTEAD BUT I'M TOO SPENT FOR THAT*

- wow, that was something, wasn't it? Poor Herald.

So basically what I'm saying is when you get a greater offensive blessing you're like "aw man time for my 6+ damage AHHH YISSSS" and then you get a singular aethersprite (not even a judgemaster)
This is especially egregious in a raid situation
So why not make it so that the sprite result gets moved down to Intermediate Offensive and something big and interesting like *checks prayer table* FOE OF GOLIATH? or a souped up Jericho Shout that works on wards?
FOO LION DELENDA EST
Klapaucius

Re: [Prayer] [Serious Suggestion] Greater Offensive Blessing Sprites

Post by Klapaucius »

Sprites are okay for shepherds that are hunting, it's good to be able to hunt hidden+invis. And 80 hp worth of healing is nothing to dismiss. I kinda like getting them occasionally. I think a second issue with the current setup is that advocates and archons never get sprite buddies!

But the current system seriously cuts into the value of advocates giving out offensive prayers. There's just so much chaff in the offense shepherd list, which is what goes to all the non shepherd exits, compared to defense or magic where it's mostly decent (or at least the worse results are lower than 30% chance of occurring).

My suggestion is add the sprite to divine providence (literally add - sprite + 30 status ticks of immunity to those statuses), and take it out of the offensive list completely.

That means fewer sprites, but you can still get em if you want them on a shepherd exit, which I think is kind of nice for a non-LS.

Replace the greater offensive with something new, preferably something with general utility for anyone who's about to do some attacking. I suggest... kills vs evil characters regenerate 1 AP, kills vs demons regenerate 2 AP to bring a bit more of the desecrate-style AP generation to the good factions.
SaltedSalmon

Post by SaltedSalmon »

Skouth wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:18 pm So why not make it so that the sprite result gets moved down to Intermediate Offensive and something big and interesting like *checks prayer table* FOE OF GOLIATH?
Foe of Goliath is so crap its not even funny.
Klapaucius wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:53 pm I think a second issue with the current setup is that advocates and archons never get sprite buddies!
Advocates just need to pray somewhere without other characters, then they'll get generic results like Weapon Turning or Spiritual Guide.
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

SaltedSalmon wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:11 am
Skouth wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:18 pm So why not make it so that the sprite result gets moved down to Intermediate Offensive and something big and interesting like *checks prayer table* FOE OF GOLIATH?
Foe of Goliath is so crap its not even funny.
Yep, please remove
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
Wassail

Post by Wassail »

Lol! But actually Foe is good in some instances.

The "default" class blessing being those fits if only Shepherds can roll them but with blessings it makes less sense imo. It would be more fun if there were more unique class prayer results., at least for all angelic classes. Maybe too complicated when you add in Transcended and Good demons or whatever, but those could still be the default class or just roll the 'base' blessing instead.