Wytchfire does not stack

Forum where closed and resolved bug reports live
Stoopkid

Wytchfire does not stack

Post by Stoopkid »

Just tested and confirmed this after suspecting it for a while. Wytchfire never stacks above 6 ticks like the wiki says it should. They should have had 24 ticks at this point but only had 6.
Notes: This Status Effect is the result of being successfully attacked by an Ancient Gremlin summoned by a Doom Howler with the skill Ancient Trickery. Multiple hits will stack the effect.
Also, the gremlins themselves don't proc the supplement death damage on attacks:
Effect: Every AP Tick, the status effect deals 4 Fire damage to the target. If a target suffering from Wytchfire is hit by any attack, the attack gains 4 Supplemental Death Damage.
Attachments
unknown-1.png
unknown-1.png (41.68 KiB) Viewed 1994 times
elimyx

Re: Wytchfire does not stack

Post by elimyx »

Popping in to confirm as the test subject in the above log - Wytchfire stacks never rose above 6, and I never received the supplemental damage from the Gremlins hitting me (and thus theoretically activating Wytchfire). I *am* a factionmate, but I'm unsure if that'd modify any of this?

This was totally an intentional bugtest and not an accidental misfiring of Dark Heart. We only do ethical science here!
Error Message wrote:You must be a faction leader and must not be a leader and must be in your faction in order to kick him from the faction!
Klapaucius

Post by Klapaucius »

I think that the gremlins aren't really supposed to get a benefit from the wytchfire, since pets can't do supplemental damage. It feels bad that the gremlin debuff doesn't actually help the gremlins though.
Stoopkid

Post by Stoopkid »

Yeah I'm guessing the wiki means any player attack that hits deals supp damage but its just oddly worded. But the main thing is the not stacking bug. Stacking up wytchfire poison is a big part of the intended built in strength of gremlins, without it stacking jt can mostly be shrugged off as it only does 6-24 damage
Kandarin

Post by Kandarin »

It'll stack in the next patch.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes