Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Various necromancy
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Various necromancy

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Implemented Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TaylerIsh
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:15 pm    Post subject: Various necromancy Reply with quote

As a fan of necromantic magic, I have some little ideas ...
They concern Leach. His abilities, and especially his interaction with death.
After all, he should have the widest range of possibilities when there are corpses in the location! Death is his element! ..
But, perhaps, put aside the preface, and move on to the topic ...

1. "Creating a skeletal trap"
I think it would be nice if it were another "pet" of the lich. Like tentacles, he does not move, but he also has only one blow (1 MP), which is essential for those who did not manage to escape (Maybe about 20 points of lethal damage? Or more?)
(I suppose in conjunction with the animation of the dead or Bone Seeker)

2. "Scout Soul"
A corpse is needed, and a significant amount of MP.
Effect: gives the lich an overview of all hidden and unknown locations, similar to the view of Void Walker. But only for one status tick.
(I suppose in conjunction with Summon Will-O-Wisp or the Summon Wight)

3. "The power of the dead"
Wanted is a corpse.
It is a ritual of collecting from a fresh MP corpse. The corpse is destroyed.
(A separate skill under death mastery?)

4. "Inanimate ambush"
The lich is very similar to the dead! So why doesn't he pretend to be a corpse? And if he can hide all his pets in the form of a corpse at the location, then it's even more fun!
The point is that the lich is removed from the description of the location, but one corpse appears in the location. It cannot be picked up by another lich, however, if he tries, "the disguise will be dropped."
Not found by normal searching, but can be found with spells and enhanced senses.
(In conjunction with resuscitation)

5. "Death Force"
The point is that the less health the lich has, the more he restores MP.
For example, if health is less than 50%, it restores 2 MP in a tick.
If his health is 1, then he restores 3 MP.
(I suppose in conjunction with the mastery of death)

As I said, I'm just a fan of necromantic skills, so I see that for the lich, as the lord of death, there really is something to add ...

Feedback applies. Discussion and criticism too
(If you see that my English is poor, just know that I am from another country and I use a translator.)
iButt
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think elemental utility spells in general would be really cool to have
TaylerIsh
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New offer!

Renaissance.
Allows the lich to raise for {Level of the lifted} / 3 AP and {the set number of MP (I assume 10, like a zombie)} give the character a choice: to respawn on the spot (For 0 AP and with some debuffs and 25% health), or respawn as usual.
CrusaderDroid
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are all pretty cool ideas that ram into the problem of having to compete with the Lich's already-solid lineup of skills. Lich is tight enough on CP that you have to miss on one or two really good skills without grinding.

Individually though...

Quote:

One of my personal designs has a 1 HP pet that marks their killer, so I kinda like this idea. If it only attacks people it can kill, this would be pretty interesting. Main concern is that if you don't include that clause, you can stack these traps in one tile and instantly kill anyone not immune. You could limit it to one trap per tile, but if it's not going to kill someone it's probably not worth placing.

Quote:
2. "Scout Soul"

This, I really like, and can be rolled into Summon Will-O-Wisp, so it doesn't have to compete with anything. Gathering information with the dead feels right up Lich's alley.

Quote:

Uh oh. This is probably not a good idea. If I have another Lich buddy, I can have him use Servitor of the Grave to pull corpses to me, which I then soak up for MP, thereby letting me fuel a huge pet horde effortlessly. Tap Ley Line at least requires you to hunt down the ley line in question and invest your own AP into it.

Quote:
4. "Inanimate ambush"

This is hilarious. In the version you have here, it's not worth 30 CP at all, but if you were to upgrade it so that the only way you can tell it's you is if you directly interact with the corpse (e.g. no Reveal, no Enhanced Senses), this is actually worth considering, especially if you're doing some weird Hide build shenanigans.

It's worth noting that your pets are a dead giveaway no matter what, because you can't ditch them or hide them without killing them. If any of your pets are visible on the tile, your presence is confirmed, corpse or no corpse.

Quote:
5. "Death Force"

Concerning. Since Lich promotes from Sorcerer, it gets access to Sorcerer's Might, letting you drop to single digit health easily to get the extra MP boost. This would easily allow a Lich to maintain a bigger swarm of pets without trying.

Quote:
Renaissance.

If this announces who you are when you're resurrecting someone, I can live with that. I'm not sure if being able to rez people belongs on the Lich's skillset, but I can at least respect the mechanical implementation.

These are some cool things here. I hope Lich gets a little more streamlined with its current set in B5 so something here can get added.
TaylerIsh
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrusaderDroid wrote:
These are all pretty cool ideas that ram into the problem of having to compete with the Lich's already-solid lineup of skills. Lich is tight enough on CP that you have to miss on one or two really good skills without grinding.

Individually though...

Quote:

One of my personal designs has a 1 HP pet that marks their killer, so I kinda like this idea. If it only attacks people it can kill, this would be pretty interesting. Main concern is that if you don't include that clause, you can stack these traps in one tile and instantly kill anyone not immune. You could limit it to one trap per tile, but if it's not going to kill someone it's probably not worth placing.

Quote:
2. "Scout Soul"

This, I really like, and can be rolled into Summon Will-O-Wisp, so it doesn't have to compete with anything. Gathering information with the dead feels right up Lich's alley.

Quote:

Uh oh. This is probably not a good idea. If I have another Lich buddy, I can have him use Servitor of the Grave to pull corpses to me, which I then soak up for MP, thereby letting me fuel a huge pet horde effortlessly. Tap Ley Line at least requires you to hunt down the ley line in question and invest your own AP into it.

Quote:
4. "Inanimate ambush"

This is hilarious. In the version you have here, it's not worth 30 CP at all, but if you were to upgrade it so that the only way you can tell it's you is if you directly interact with the corpse (e.g. no Reveal, no Enhanced Senses), this is actually worth considering, especially if you're doing some weird Hide build shenanigans.

It's worth noting that your pets are a dead giveaway no matter what, because you can't ditch them or hide them without killing them. If any of your pets are visible on the tile, your presence is confirmed, corpse or no corpse.

Quote:
5. "Death Force"

Concerning. Since Lich promotes from Sorcerer, it gets access to Sorcerer's Might, letting you drop to single digit health easily to get the extra MP boost. This would easily allow a Lich to maintain a bigger swarm of pets without trying.

Quote:
Renaissance.

If this announces who you are when you're resurrecting someone, I can live with that. I'm not sure if being able to rez people belongs on the Lich's skillset, but I can at least respect the mechanical implementation.

These are some cool things here. I hope Lich gets a little more streamlined with its current set in B5 so something here can get added.

Hello! Thanks for your comment! And criticism accordingly. And I will now send my answer to her ...
So...

I understand that the lich is quite loaded with his skills. Therefore, these ideas, for the most part, are part of other skills. And they shouldn't have names (After all, they are part of these skills. I just wanted to think of a name for everything, which made it difficult to understand). I can only hope they don't grossly upset the balance, but that they add variety to the lich's play.

Traps.
I thought they could kill the victim all together. Like a horde of skeletons kills anyone who walks in. Only in this case it works once. And according to the system, 1 hit per 10 seconds, the victim has a chance to escape when a heap of pet traps is found on his cell.
I figured this would be part of the Animation of the Dead, or "Bone Seeker" ability. (Translated differently. I hope you understand what skill I am talking about)

Scout's soul.
I thought to roll this into a summon wisp.

The power of the dead.
You may not have noticed that I emphasized that the corpse must be fresh. Those. no more than 1 hour has passed since death. So the grave servitors trick won't work here.
I envisioned this as a separate skill to spend 30 or 60 CPs on, depending on its importance.

Ambush.
Right! It does not cost a single CP, and comes with resuscitation! It's just a nice little addition to the atmosphere.

The power of death.
Of course, I'm not a very experienced lich and this part of the skill can imbalance the game. But I suggested that the lich could be given a choice. Either a huge horde that will crumble to dust at the first poke on the lich, or a standard, reliable group.
This may slightly change the tactics of assault on factions with lichs. The attackers will at least have to take the trouble and find out the composition of the faction, and identify the liches with such a presumptive possibility. And then weapons of mass destruction are used, which can simply destroy most of the horde, killing all liches with 1 hp.
Perhaps it is worth weakening this ability, leaving the only occasion. 1 Hit point. For which each tick will be given 1 or 2 more MP.
Supposed it was going inside Energy of the Dead, a new skill.

Revival
We have already discussed this. And the language barrier prevents me from understanding whether we are talking about the same things, or we assume different understandings. Therefore, I will leave this comment ... No comment.

Thanks again for the comment. If my arguments seem unconvincing to you, I look forward to another of your comments :3
Kandarin
Dreamweaver
Dreamweaver

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something eerily similar to at least one of these will exist in B5.

I'll leave you to guess which.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Implemented Suggestions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: