Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Lowering your own innate armor
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lowering your own innate armor
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Suggestions Dump
View previous topic :: View next topic  
haliphax
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My reasoning was not "it's supposed to be a pain in the ass", my point was "it's not supposed to be easy". There is a rather distinct difference. Maybe don't try squinting so hard?
haliphax
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, dipping your morality beyond being able to use ANY OF YOUR T2+ SKILLS is a "blatant workaround"?

Duuuuude.
CrusaderDroid
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dying 1000 times still takes you a minimum of 1000 AP if you start early and a theoretical maximum of 15000 AP. That's between nearly 10 1/2 days and just over 156 days of AP. It's disingenuous to claim that disabling innate armor makes it easy, because it's imposing a false binary where something is easy or hard and ignores everything in between. It's still going to take a year to die that often, it'll just go by a little faster. Getting 1000 deaths doesn't become easy, just a little easier, and still leaves open the option of using your character for other things as the faction requires without having to reset your character, deliberately mess up your build, or mess up your own morality.
Fellis

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrusaderDroid wrote:
Dying 1000 times still takes you a minimum of 1000 AP if you start early and a theoretical maximum of 15000 AP. That's between nearly 10 1/2 days and just over 156 days of AP. It's disingenuous to claim that disabling innate armor makes it easy, because it's imposing a false binary where something is easy or hard and ignores everything in between. It's still going to take a year to die that often, it'll just go by a little faster. Getting 1000 deaths doesn't become easy, just a little easier, and still leaves open the option of using your character for other things as the faction requires without having to reset your character, deliberately mess up your build, or mess up your own morality.

Are there people out there with high innate soak/defense who are consistently not dying like 4/day or whatever? The only thing that makes a death grind faster is respawn ap reduction. I’m not sure it needs to be easier considering it’s like 10/15 cp of badges that you are probably doing after several other major grinds
CrusaderDroid
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's about target access, like you just pointed out. People that can't break through innate armor quickly or are going for maximum efficiency will likely skip over tough targets. I know I've skipped over the Seraph gang until I finally got to the point where I could reliably take them out on some of my other alts. Being that tough removes you from the target list of multiple characters, which slows down the rate a bit and also denies experience.

Even then, though, nobody gets hurt for enabling this feature. It's optional, it helps the people that specifically have a use for it, and it means more exp in the system for the lower leveled characters. Nobody is worse off if this gets changed. The worst thing that happens is someone forgets to turn on their armor afterwards or something. There's plenty of reasons for it, and unless coding it is somehow a huge pain in the ass, there aren't any compelling reasons against it other than preserving fake difficulty in a boring grind. It would be better to have an alternative to these grinds, but it doesn't exist right now.
sohdbrimks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grinds are optional, it's not something you HAVE to do. You're not supposed to get all skills for your class. But if you want to there are faster grinds out there.
A lot of badges are already devalued from how easy they became (items crafted used to be the hardest badge, but now it's easy since crafting lockpicks increase it. Damage dealt was hard too but now it counts ward damage so it's easier), this will just move the game further in the easy direction.
I got a character who recently got the 500 deaths badge just from playing naturally over the years. It's not hard if you're not obsessed about getting it quick.
Fellis

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrusaderDroid wrote:
It's about target access, like you just pointed out. People that can't break through innate armor quickly or are going for maximum efficiency will likely skip over tough targets. I know I've skipped over the Seraph gang until I finally got to the point where I could reliably take them out on some of my other alts. Being that tough removes you from the target list of multiple characters, which slows down the rate a bit and also denies experience.

And also like I pointed out, this change would be addressing a symptom of another problem which is more pervasive. Why make this possibly confusing feature of questionable niche use when we could try to solve the problem of low target density.

Like you have hit on a real problem that is being artificially addressed by the playerbase who are sending alts out to die for "the good of the community", but by my subjective experience, most deaths are to lvl 30 vets who don't emote. Removing innate armor isn't going to help with target density, it will just mean that all these hard targets will also be in the void because wolf rev #69420 came by and swung at me for 24 damage 3 times and moved to the next person
haliphax
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's almost entirely T3s that take my death farmer down, ever since level 1.
Kandarin
Dreamweaver
Dreamweaver

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We won't be doing this, and many respondents explained why.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Suggestions Dump All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: