Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Bat Swarm Buff?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bat Swarm Buff?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
baristalucy
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 8:09 am    Post subject: Bat Swarm Buff? Reply with quote

I was wondering if maybe bat swarms could get a buff or at least a chance to upgrade?

NCs, DHs, and HCs all have a chance to upgrade their pets. While I understand that the bat swarm hits for 55% base chance and that's higher than the other single pets, those classes still have the chance to upgrade their pet that then have better stats.

The other thing I was wondering was why isn't the bat swarm able to see invisibles?
Here's my thinking, if my main way of traversing the Nexus is in bat form so I can fly, I am able to see invisible people by way of "sonar", how bats see.
Another thing is that invisibility is based on the alchemy of the potion by way of making it so that others cannot see you, but things such as sunlight still affect the character. So, if the alchemy works on other people but not on me in bat form, wouldn't that make my bats be able to see invisible chars?

Notorious RBG - 11777 | no one - 11820 | Trendigo - 11869 | Dot - 11879 | Scarah - 11883 | Lucy - 11939 | Ate - 12179 | Miss Ruby Mae - 12324 | Seker - 12365
plscks
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: Bat Swarm Buff? Reply with quote

baristalucy wrote:
I was wondering if maybe bat swarms could get a buff or at least a chance to upgrade?

NCs, DHs, and HCs all have a chance to upgrade their pets. While I understand that the bat swarm hits for 55% base chance and that's higher than the other single pets, those classes still have the chance to upgrade their pet that then have better stats.

The other thing I was wondering was why isn't the bat swarm able to see invisibles?
Here's my thinking, if my main way of traversing the Nexus is in bat form so I can fly, I am able to see invisible people by way of "sonar", how bats see.
Another thing is that invisibility is based on the alchemy of the potion by way of making it so that others cannot see you, but things such as sunlight still affect the character. So, if the alchemy works on other people but not on me in bat form, wouldn't that make my bats be able to see invisible chars?

I like this idea, all of it really. I hardly use my Bat Swarm as it really doesn't seem like it can hit much of anything for any worth while damage. As baristalucy noted it is after all a one off pet with slightly better to hit chances than the other one off pets so maybe this falls completely in line with the other pets. Though giving a 60cp skill that upgrades the pet seems a little much, my Rev builds seem tight enough as it is, let alone trying to squeeze another 60cp out of things. That said, I would actually use the bats more as is if it did have the ability to see invisible.

The way I've seen it explained is that even when invisible, a non-day walker Rev still takes damage in the sun as the invisibility potion acts on essentially the minds of others instead of changing physics itself. And I feel like (and might be totally wrong here) that an Animus of the Bat Rev can *see* invisible characters perhaps by echolocation, and as such it kind of makes sense that the Bat Swarm would also have that ability.

plscks-20 | Davington-25 | James Ford-26(released) | Wiggles-1297 | Desmond-1298 | Richard Feynman-2769 | a random janitor-2772 | Kaz-12345
Liemannen

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of bats seeing the invisible characters too.
Kandarin
Dreamweaver
Dreamweaver

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There wasn't really a specific reason why not, and narratively it makes sense that bats can sense invisible things, even if the player character Revenant's most basic bat form cannot for balance reasons.

After discussing this amongst devteam it's been added to pending features. It'll be a part of an upcoming update.
baristalucy
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kandarin wrote:
There wasn't really a specific reason why not, and narratively it makes sense that bats can sense invisible things, even if the player character Revenant's most basic bat form cannot for balance reasons.

After discussing this amongst devteam it's been added to pending features. It'll be a part of an upcoming update.

WOW!!!!! How awesome! Thank you!

Notorious RBG - 11777 | no one - 11820 | Trendigo - 11869 | Dot - 11879 | Scarah - 11883 | Lucy - 11939 | Ate - 12179 | Miss Ruby Mae - 12324 | Seker - 12365
Badziew

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kandarin wrote:

Batziew rejoices Wink
Carilgar

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww man.... does this mean I have to donate again to make a Rev.... sheeesh.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Suggestion Drafts All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: