Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Reduce the rate at which excess Magic Points are lost
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reduce the rate at which excess Magic Points are lost

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Suggestions Dump
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tomppa
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:43 am    Post subject: Reduce the rate at which excess Magic Points are lost Reply with quote

Previously, Tap Ley Line granted 10 MP per AP, and had no upper limit on how much MP you could hoard.

With the previous (obviously needed) changes, TLL now grants 5mp per ap spent, with the limit of twice your maximum MP. However, there is _no point_ at all in hoarding MP over your maximum, unless you plan to spend it _immediately_, because it drains at 5 MP per tick. Effectively, you can spend 1 ap to get 5 mp and the next tick you get 1 ap and lose 5 mp, for a net gain of nothing. This makes it impossible to use it for, for example, preparing for raids.

My suggestion is, that excess MP should be lost a lot slower. I would suggest either 2 or 3 MP per tick instead of 5 - this would make hoarding MP still a viable action, and the cap of twice your max MP still limits it's usefulness to reasonable levels.

Example:
Currently - I'm maxed out and at full AP, and there's a raid coming. I would want to use Tap Ley Line to boost my MP reserves so that I can blast more charged attacks during the raid. I would also want to keep my AP full if possible, to maximize my effectiveness. I step outside, and tap ley line that our SH is set on, 10 times, to get 49 extra mp, and get back inside for 12 AP spent. I'll regain the spent AP in 3 hours, but the MP I've gained drains of in 2,5 hours. I've effectively spent 2 AP for no gain at all.

At 2 mp per tick: I could step outside, and drain the ley line for 10 ap, gaining 49 extra mp. Step back inside. Ap regains in 3 hours. In the same time, MP drains by 24, leaving me with 25 extra MP.

(considering that the example is the optimal situation where your SH is literally on the ley line square, the benefit is considerably less if you need to travel even a few squares. I might actually suggest to set the decay rate to as low as 1 MP per 15 minutes to boost TLL (and other MP regaining skills) usefulness.)

EDIT: I made this suggestion to make TLL a bit more useful, but this would also give a slight boost to other MP generating skills that allow you to go over your max, like the Revenant skill Soul Feeding.
(That's from Dracula, by Stoker.)
RaelCleap
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 This would be a nice change to the skill If you could bank the mp. Would be a nice change for Glyph users and be more forgiving on Feral characters for tile set up (defenses ect)

Also with double your MP cap total, I don't see it as an overpowered change, even if the MP decay was set at 1. You pay and invest the ap for the MP after all.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Suggestions Dump All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: