Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Build-able home repair-benches
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Build-able home repair-benches

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Suggestions Dump
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yukari

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:43 am    Post subject: Build-able home repair-benches Reply with quote

I dunno if this would be balanced/intended or not, but it seemed nice in my head:

If you've got the Master tier of your repair tree (and maybe also Engineering/Structural, for added skill-synergy?) you get the option to build a repair bench of that type in your faction footlocker.

You'd use up a load of ap and would need to gather a bunch of items -say, portable toolkit, pipewrench, a hammer (are there hammers in nc?), plastic and wood, etc, make it time consuming-, and the bench would be built in your SH tile, right in your locker, and would use up some room in it - 25 maybe? if you had master level in more than one tree, you'd need to build separate benches that would need each their own locker space.

These benches would of course let you (and you only, not your faction mates) craft and repair items as if you were in a building with a bench (or had a toolkit in the case of bowyers) without going out of the SH (or needing a toolkit in your inventory). In the current state of things, this means it kinda overlaps with Resourcefulness, but that skill still provides a crafting ap discount and lets you repair wherever, not only the sh.

As a final thingy, if you're raided, then you could have to spend some ap repairing your bench in order for it to become functional again, maybe, and of course you could have the option to dismantle it in order to recover your footlocker space if you ever need it again.

pluses:
makes crafters less dependent on being near a benched building in order to get exp. crafting isn't nearly as tedious as, say, alchemy, but it's still nice to have more leeway with these things. additionally, it's one less restriction for faction placement when you don't have to cluster around so many resource buildings.

cons:
somewhat promotes encroaching in your stronghold. bowyers aside, dependency on a building to repair increases the chances someone can kill you or you can accidentally ap' while doing your thing. this coming from the assumption that more dying = good, yada yada.
SocialJusticeWarrior

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not so sure about this. Rule of Resourcefulness is an expensive skill and is one of the signature abilities of the Conduit, so I don't think it's too good of an idea to diminish its usefulness. Besides, jockeying for position around resource buildings seems like a vital part of faction warfare in this breath.
Shadok
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...we're after more reasons to make people GET OUT of their stronghold, not stay inside forever. So this isn't likely to happen.

"Oh, sorry, thought I was in a Vault of Enlightenment, not someone's booze cabinet." -Kharn
Kandarin
Dreamweaver
Dreamweaver

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadok wrote:
Yeah...we're after more reasons to make people GET OUT of their stronghold, not stay inside forever. So this isn't likely to happen.

It's a decent idea but only if you could only set up the repair bench outside your stronghold where it (and you, and anyone using it) could get attacked, kind of like the generators in Urban Dead.
Yukari

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I can see that. I was mostly coming from the feeling of, "what things are a drag to do in NC and why?", this one being, "repairing when you are far from a foundry and you got no travel skill", but it's not that a big deal.

I am not so sure on the point about factional warfare, after what happened in Cimmeria/Sunset, but I guess having big factions close to one another does encourage raiding because travelling is easier.
Edith

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this were to be implemented, I'd want a refund on the conduit skill that give this ability.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Suggestions Dump All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: