Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - New Breath 4 Plane - Abstract Chaos
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Breath 4 Plane - Abstract Chaos

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Suggestions Dump
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nook

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:14 pm    Post subject: New Breath 4 Plane - Abstract Chaos Reply with quote

The flavor of this place is something akin to a Salvador Dali painting. Tile descriptions would have random bits of fun text added.

The concept behind it is the missing void elder power Voidy McNoname attempting to restore her realm to void and being fought by other elder powers.

Eg.

1,1 A park
You are standing outside of Park. The grass here is bright and well cared for. Several park benches are scattered throughout the area. Off in the distance you can see a herd of giraffe legged elephants grazing.

(later, on a return visit)

1,1 A Park
You are standing outside of Park. The grass here is bright and well cared for. Several park benches are scattered throughout the area. There are several clocks dripping from trees here.

(still later, on a return visit)

1,1 Void
You are standing outside of Void. There is an empty nothingness surrounding you.

Tiles will shift on their own with void spaces replacing them at predefined times. Fly isn't required for this place but it would help.

Water tiles could change to lava tiles, open areas to buildings with no describable pattern.

Several 'anchor' tiles exist, ones that do no move, shift or change. These would include portal tiles and resource tiles (and any others you want)

Thoughts?
Quixotic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not identical per se, but thought you might be interested, if you have not seen this yet: http://nexusclash.windrunner.mx/wiki/index.php?title=Kaleidescopia

Smile
Nook

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quixotic wrote:
Not identical per se, but thought you might be interested, if you have not seen this yet: http://nexusclash.windrunner.mx/wiki/index.php?title=Kaleidescopia

Smile

I seen that the other day and it's probably where the seed for the idea came from without me knowing it.
Kiralio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are already like half a dozen cool and thematic ideas for outer planes that go unused as it is, because we have too many planes for the size of the player population.

I was thinking about drafting a suggestion to collapse Elysium, Stygia, and Purgatorio into a single plane with something similar to the flippable tiles mechanic from Breath 3, along with some kind of incentive for high-level players to migrate to the outer plane while t1s and t2s would have the run of Valhalla. I wanted to make sure I could suggest something that would make the separation compelling but not quite mandatory, though.
Nook

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea that T3s should want to be on the outter planes so what could an outter plane offer T3s (or ambitious and adventurous T2s) that might make them want to migrate?

Materials
Unique Spells
Hidden skills
Badges
Morality Boost/Reduction
Weapons
Armor

I really like the Kaleidescopia idea of items being temporarily removed when the character leaves the plane. That might help higher level players want to stay on a plane where the item exists. It might make life a bit easier for T1s as well.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Suggestions Dump All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: