Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - [Interface] QOL: Show name on hover
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Interface] QOL: Show name on hover
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Suggestions Dump
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kylinn
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:40 pm    Post subject: [Interface] QOL: Show name on hover Reply with quote

When you're lower-Tier than someone else and they are not in your faction, you only see them listed as 'a pariah', 'a lightspeaker', etc. This means you have to click through to their profile to see what their name is. I suggest letting their name show up when you hover over their description, just like the names of pets' masters do.
Sweedee
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Careful, mate. When you highlight the list of people you see in the room and paste it, you see all details you could hover over. You paste HP, MP, and Morality.
Thalanor
Lore Developer
Lore Developer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I see where this is coming from, it would indeed make that information available for things like userscripts, too. However, I somehow think that vice versa could potentially be useful - hovering over a name telling you the class, that is.
saulres
So Very Sorry
So Very Sorry

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember the original purpose for seeing only the class at lower levels was to present a sense of "Oh wow, that's an Infernal Behemoth! How scary!"

Then it never made sense to me that when you became a Lightspeaker you'd know all the Wyrm Masters by name and not be freaked out by their appearance.

Maybe combine both on the main screen?

Quote:
There are 2 people here, Kenny McCormick, a Lich; a black-footed ferret, a Conduit
Kylinn
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saulres wrote:
Quote:
There are 2 people here, Kenny McCormick, a Lich; a black-footed ferret, a Conduit

That would be even better, or perhaps just showing all names and letting the class show on hover. Because the way it is, there's no way to tell what class someone of your own tier or lower is. So it's immediately obvious to a level-1 mortal that that person over there is a Conduit, but when they reach level 20 they can't tell it at a glance anymore?
Wozzy
Misinformation Meme Machine
Misinformation Meme Machine

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweedee wrote:
Careful, mate. When you highlight the list of people you see in the room and paste it, you see all details you could hover over. You paste HP, MP, and Morality.

You mean to tell me...that all these years I spent performing surgery on people who had 1HP missing...could have been avoided with just a simple copy paste???
saulres
So Very Sorry
So Very Sorry

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wozzy wrote:
You mean to tell me...that all these years I spent performing surgery on people who had 1HP missing...could have been avoided with just a simple copy paste???

I think they only show on copy-paste if you have the First Aid skill which lets you see their HP. Which you'd need to have to get Surgery in the first place. So, um...

Yeah.
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you know you can simply click "A Lightspeaker" and look at the combat or whisper dropwdown and find their name there?
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teksura wrote:
Did you know you can simply click "A Lightspeaker" and look at the combat or whisper dropwdown and find their name there?

Of course you can. But it's an extra step. And if you're in a place with several folks above your Tier, it's a pain to try to figure out who is who.
saulres
So Very Sorry
So Very Sorry

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kylinn wrote:
Teksura wrote:

Of course you can. But it's an extra step. And if you're in a place with several folks above your Tier, it's a pain to try to figure out who is who.

Like, for instance, when you're raiding someone, and you have to pick which enemy you'll be effective against instead of which one will just ignore your attacks.
Kylinn
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

saulres wrote:
Kylinn wrote:

Like, for instance, when you're raiding someone, and you have to pick which enemy you'll be effective against instead of which one will just ignore your attacks.

Or when you're helping the warders of a space and want to figure out which of the 3 Lightspeakers there is the one you need to Energize.
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kylinn wrote:
saulres wrote:
Kylinn wrote:

Or when you're helping the warders of a space and want to figure out which of the 3 Lightspeakers there is the one you need to Energize.
You think waiting for a hovertext to pop up is going to be faster than a click and a glance? When I'm in that raiding situation, class is the most important thing with figuring out who I'm most effective against anyway. "Oh, that's an Eternal Soldier. I think I'll attack the Wizard instead." Don't really need names there. And energizing? The extra step of hovering a mouse over each name seems like a waste of time compared to simply clicking and glancing at the energize menu.

I'm sorry but I don't think this is going to be nearly as helpful as you think, and certainly not worth the trouble of adding for 3.5
So Very Sorry
So Very Sorry

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But this would be:

saulres wrote:
Maybe combine both on the main screen?

Quote:
Kylinn
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teksura wrote:
And energizing? The extra step of hovering a mouse over each name seems like a waste of time compared to simply clicking and glancing at the energize menu.

I'm not sure how you think looking at the Energize menu will help. Yes, it will show names of casters, but since it doesn't show how many MP someone already has, it won't tell you *which* caster is the one with 5 MP remaining and which is the one with 45. And clicking to another screen means you have to go back and remember which one in order was which - a simple hover would solve that handily.

Or Saulres' solution.
Sweedee
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As written out, it's kind of busy, don't you think?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Suggestions Dump All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: