Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - [Interface/QoL] Change 'Worn' to 'Damaged'
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Interface/QoL] Change 'Worn' to 'Damaged'

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Promoted Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kylinn
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject: [Interface/QoL] Change 'Worn' to 'Damaged' Reply with quote

Currently, the term 'worn' is used both for armor/weapons quality level (destroyed, broken, worn, average, good, pristine) and for wearable items which are in fact being worn. This can cause confusion in new players (it says the item is Worn, why don't I see it in my description and why isn't it protecting me?).

To lessen this confusion, I suggest using the term 'damaged' for the quality indicator instead. Or dinged, or degraded, or shabby, or subpar, or any other term indicating that something is in a bit worse than average condition.

(Alternately, change Wear/Worn for wearing things to Equip/Equipped. It doesn't really matter which is changed. Equipped is perhaps slightly more familiar from other games, but I find it more natural to Wear a shirt or pair of shoes than to Equip them.)

Last edited by Kylinn on Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yukari

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about "dented"? Or maybe "scratched"?
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: [Interface/QoL] Change 'Worn' to 'Damaged' Reply with quote

Kylinn wrote:
Currently, the term 'worn' is used both for armor/weapons quality level (destroyed, broken, worn, average, good, pristine) and for wearable items which are in fact being worn. This can cause confusion in new players (it says the item is Worn, why don't I see it in my description and why isn't it protecting me?).

To lessen this confusion, I suggest using the term 'damaged' for the quality indicator instead. Or dinged, or degraded, or shabby, or subpar, or any other term indicating that something is in a bit worse than average condition.

(Alternately, change Wear/Worn for wearing things to Equip/Equipped. It doesn't really matter which is changed. Equipped is perhaps slightly more familiar from other games, but I find it more natural to Wear a shirt or pair of shoes than to Equip them.)

k.
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're going an entirely different direction with durability.
Dreamweaver
Dreamweaver

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updates to the interface since this suggestion should address these concerns.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Promoted Suggestions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: