Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - [Advocate Skill] Exonerate
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Advocate Skill] Exonerate
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Promoted Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Repth
Lore Developer
Lore Developer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject: [Advocate Skill] Exonerate Reply with quote

I wanted to give Good players something to do with corpses similar to Evils (desecrate) and Neutrals (Lich skills). Don't know how much it would cost. Corpses summoned by Servitor of the Grave and its child skill are not able to be Exonerated.

The Advocate exonerates a fresh corpse. Based on the MO of the corpse, different effects are produced.

Morality 40 to 20; Characters respawn costs Level/3 instead of Level/2 and free from any negative status effects
Morality 19 to -19; Characters respawn free from any negative status effects
Morality -20 to -40; Upon respawn, characters morality it set to 0

These aren't perfect I just want you to see where I'm going with this.
Mallich
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: [Advocate Skill] Exonerate Reply with quote

Repth wrote:
Corpses summoned by Servitor of the Grave and its child skill are not able to be Exonerated.
The Advocate exonerates a fresh corpse.
Actually, Servitor of the Grave summons the oldest corpses in the game (i.e. usually 1 tick before they disappear anyway). That's why they have a very bad habit of vanishing if you summon them during the tick - you summon them, the tick happens, and the corpse disappears. Since such corpses are always old they are never "fresh", so you don't need a separate "cannot exonerate servitor corpses" section of code.

Repth wrote:

Not perfect? A morality of 0 means that any demon targeted would lose access to all its demonic powers, and there's nothing that the defender can do to stop it other than "not getting killed in the first place"!

Last edited by Mallich on Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Repth
Lore Developer
Lore Developer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct, not perfect! I just wanted to emphasize what I wanted this particular skill to do to demons. It can even be set to -19 MO. All you have to do to get back to evil is break a door or something. There are many items in most demons inventories that will reduce morality upon use anyway.
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: [Advocate Skill] Exonerate Reply with quote

Mallich wrote:

Repth wrote:

Not perfect? A morality of 0 means that any demon targeted would lose access to all its demonic powers, and there's nothing that the defender can do to stop it other than "not getting killed in the first place"!
Most demons would be sitting on -50 morality unless they went on a healing spree or started to fall in love with the fine art of door repair.
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Repth wrote:
There are many items in most demons inventories that will reduce morality upon use anyway.

I assume you're thinking of blood ice and soul ice since unholy book are not reliable. Most demons are Pariahs, not Defilers. So your assessment that most will have this is flat out inaccurate. Further, you can't use either when you don't need the HP or MP (like from a respawn). So even the minority with both blood and soul ice still can't use them to become evil again.

I'm going to question why you think an Advocate needs a skill whose primary purpose is to screw with demons.
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: [Advocate Skill] Exonerate Reply with quote

Teksura wrote:
Most demons would be sitting on -50 morality unless they went on a healing spree or started to fall in love with the fine art of door repair.

I assume this is a Breath 4 change? -Currently the limits are 40 either way (for most classes) so I assume this suggestion simply meant to define the results of exoneration by target's current alignment and would therefore apply to almost all demons.

In reference to the actual suggestion however I feel quite uneasy about one character being able to change the MO of another through purely their own actions. -How does (in effect) being killed make one any less evil?
Repth
Lore Developer
Lore Developer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teksura wrote:
I'm going to question why you think an Advocate needs a skill whose primary purpose is to screw with demons.

That's a good question, because that is not what I meant with this skill and highlights a miscommunication. I wanted the advocate to be able to perform some sort of prayer/ritual/whathaveyou on a corpse that has effects based on a characters morality just because I thought it would be a creative addition to the Advocates skillset.

Pikanchion wrote:
How does (in effect) being killed make one any less evil?

My thoughts on that would be that the advocate prays on the demons corpse 'exonerating' it from evil actions, maybe theorizing that it is still capable of death and ergo judgement by the Advocates god and the Advocate pities the demon for their fate.
Mallich
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pikanchion wrote:
In reference to the actual suggestion however I feel quite uneasy about one character being able to change the MO of another through purely their own actions. -How does (in effect) being killed make one any less evil?
Repth wrote:
My thoughts on that would be that the advocate prays on the demons corpse 'exonerating' it from evil actions, maybe theorizing that it is still capable of death and ergo judgement by the Advocates god and the Advocate pities the demon for their fate.
Hmm. On reflection, I do like the idea of an angel trying to make a demon see the light. It's just that, like Pikanchion, I don't like the idea of totally changing a target's morality score. What if Exonerate only gives the demon the potential to redeem itself? Instead of the demon changing to -19 or 0 morality or whatever (even if the demon doesn't want to redeem itself), it instead doubles all morality increases, or counts as "neutral" for the purpose of gaining morality, or something like that? The demon would have to act to receive absolution - it's not something that an angel can just hand to a demon.

If it makes the demon gain morality too slowly, this skill won't be worth doing. If it makes the demon gain morality too quickly, this would amount to a debuff (and I don't think that the devs want angels to have access to debuffs).
GCP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea in general. As for the effect on the corpses of evil characters could I suggest either that it causes a L/10 AP penalty upon respawn (very minor griefing, angels shouldn't grief anyway) or a minor infusion burst (similar to Salt the Earth in that respect) or that it simply has no effect on an evil corpse (Advocates are more about boosting friendlies than shutting down enemies). In the last instance, the corpse would remain and the Advocate would not be charged the AP/MP cost.
Repth
Lore Developer
Lore Developer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GCP wrote:
I like the idea in general. As for the effect on the corpses of evil characters could I suggest either that it causes a L/10 AP penalty upon respawn (very minor griefing, angels shouldn't grief anyway) or a minor infusion burst (similar to Salt the Earth in that respect) or that it simply has no effect on an evil corpse (Advocates are more about boosting friendlies than shutting down enemies). In the last instance, the corpse would remain and the Advocate would not be charged the AP/MP cost.

This seems to be the most logical course of action. I would like to tie in a morality hit for demons just because it fits the theme well but it's proving to be quite complicated. Another idea could be that demons whose corpses have been exonerated have a L/10 AP increase and always spawn in Elysium, but I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing!
Sweedee
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Repth wrote:
Another idea could be that demons whose corpses have been exonerated have a L/10 AP increase and always spawn in Elysium, but I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing!

Let's not spawn them in Elysium.
Repth
Lore Developer
Lore Developer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweedee wrote:

Let's not spawn them in Elysium.

Haha, yeah I was on the fence with that one, just trying to think outside the box Wink
Sweedee
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, a way to tell certain corpses apart. (This isn't really a 'use anyone's' like Desecration, since it's acting on respawn.)

We could run it like Eye of Death. Tells if victims are dead (and have not respawned yet, which should make them ineligible), never lists killers, and tells Morality.

And, why not, a Eye of Death child skill.
Werechicken

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not just make the skill not work on demons? Or even better this skill doesn't apply to anyone with evil morality.

1. Demons aren't supposed to be able to receive outside help.

2. Why would an advocate be making life easier for evil characters when they're supposed to be killing them?

3. From a role-playing point of view it's just weird for an angel to be exonerating the corpse of a dead demon.
Lijitsu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a bit of a change to it; 'Consecrate' instead of 'Exonerate.' Angels respawn for a reduced cost or respawn on the same plane as their stronghold, that'd be nice. Demons get sent to Gehenna on their next respawn. Transcendents get their next spawn set to Purgatorio. Mortals get a short duration buff - a handful of ticks or so - that give them free movement. Something like 5 or 10 ticks, just something to give them a better shot at getting to somewhere useful. It basically banishes non-Angels to their respective planes and helps mortals out - something Advocates are supposed to be doing anyway. Give a message on activation of the skill to the recipient like "You feel the Holy Powers suffusing your dead body, consecrating it. Your soul has been damned to Gehenna!", "Your soul has been banished to Purgatorio!", "Your soul draws more rapidly to its new shell!/Your soul is drawn towards the power radiating from your faction's stronghold!", "Your soul feels whole and filled with revitalizing energy!"

I dunno, it'd have to have a fairly meaty cost associated.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Promoted Suggestions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: