Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Interface: change how damage resistance is displayed
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Interface: change how damage resistance is displayed

 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Promoted Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Mallich
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran


Joined: Jun 26, 2010
Posts: 1807

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:43 am    Post subject: Interface: change how damage resistance is displayed Reply with quote

Made in response to this thread, with the problem summed up in this post.

Current system: If something reduces the damage by 25%, this is displayed as "(75%)" in the soak section of the character page. Something that reduces the damage by 99% is displayed as "(1%)" in the soak section, etc.

Change to: If something reduces the damage by 25%, this is displayed as "(25%)" in the soak section of the character page. Something that reduces the damage by 99% is displayed as "(99%)" in the soak section, etc.

Reason: The page currently tells you your defense (the higher the better), your soak (the higher the better) and a percentage (the lower the better). Changing the percentage to measure your resistance to damage - where the higher the percentage, the better your resistance - would be fit the pattern... and hopefully make it easier to understand.
... For me, anyway. Reversing the system-mid breath would probably produce more confusion that it would solve, so this would be a between-breaths change.

That's my opinion, anyway. What about you guys - if you see a "soak 7, (90%)", do you view that percentage as a good thing or a bad thing? Are there other, better, ways to make things clearer?
_________________
|The Devil On Your Shoulder 4407 | Mira Lasan 1724 | Officer Horwood 1763 | A Ghast 5143 | A Velociraptor 3721 | Father Christmas 3115 |
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sweedee
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: May 31, 2012
Posts: 614

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. It is very confusing as is.

Better would be to color code more positive numbers. Green for higher resistance and soak.
_________________
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
Albert Einstein
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mallich
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran


Joined: Jun 26, 2010
Posts: 1807

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweedee wrote:
Better would be to color code more positive numbers. Green for higher resistance and soak.
Hmm. Perhaps embolden the green resistances/soak as well, so green-blind people could see the difference?
_________________
|The Devil On Your Shoulder 4407 | Mira Lasan 1724 | Officer Horwood 1763 | A Ghast 5143 | A Velociraptor 3721 | Father Christmas 3115 |
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shadok
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture


Joined: Aug 15, 2010
Posts: 3955
Location: Gehenna (Earth Branch)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mallich wrote:
Sweedee wrote:
Better would be to color code more positive numbers. Green for higher resistance and soak.
Hmm. Perhaps embolden the green resistances/soak as well, so green-blind people could see the difference?

We're trying to avoid this sort of solution since it would negatively impact any colourblind players of the game.
_________________

"Oh, sorry, thought I was in a Vault of Enlightenment, not someone's booze cabinet." -Kharn
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
karek
Active Member
Active Member


Joined: Jan 20, 2010
Posts: 135

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://colorfilter.wickline.org/
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture


Joined: Dec 17, 2009
Posts: 5580

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karek wrote:
http://colorfilter.wickline.org/
This will be very useful. Thank you for that link.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture


Joined: Dec 17, 2009
Posts: 5580

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Interface: change how damage resistance is displayed Reply with quote

Mallich wrote:
Made in response to this thread, with the problem summed up in this post.

Current system: If something reduces the damage by 25%, this is displayed as "(75%)" in the soak section of the character page. Something that reduces the damage by 99% is displayed as "(1%)" in the soak section, etc.

Change to: If something reduces the damage by 25%, this is displayed as "(25%)" in the soak section of the character page. Something that reduces the damage by 99% is displayed as "(99%)" in the soak section, etc.

Reason: The page currently tells you your defense (the higher the better), your soak (the higher the better) and a percentage (the lower the better). Changing the percentage to measure your resistance to damage - where the higher the percentage, the better your resistance - would be fit the pattern... and hopefully make it easier to understand.
... For me, anyway. Reversing the system-mid breath would probably produce more confusion that it would solve, so this would be a between-breaths change.

That's my opinion, anyway. What about you guys - if you see a "soak 7, (90%)", do you view that percentage as a good thing or a bad thing? Are there other, better, ways to make things clearer?


So basically we're showing the amount of resistance rather than the amount of damage taken. I further add that we can add the word "Resist" somewhere in the mix.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Promoted Suggestions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Forums ©
Credit: Site homepage artwork (C) 2017 Acaisha Buffo
Character creation and raid ticker icons by Lorc and Delapouite at game-icons.net
Original Nexus War classes, powers, and lore copyright 2003 - 2019 Brandon Harris (bharris@gaijin.com) used with permission.
PHP-Nuke Copyright © 2005 by Francisco Burzi. This is free software, and you may redistribute it under the GPL. PHP-Nuke comes with absolutely no warranty, for details, see the license.