Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - [Skill] Counterattack (Eternal Soldier)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Skill] Counterattack (Eternal Soldier)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Promoted Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whytemeet
Planeswalker
Planeswalker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: [Skill] Counterattack (Eternal Soldier) Reply with quote

Putting this suggestion back up with a tweak. A modified version of Master of the Flow that people would actually use and we wouldn't need to give our Eternal Soldiers an "aura".

30 CP

For 3 AP and 5 MP, the Eternal Soldier can gain the Counterattack Status Effect for 20 Status Ticks. This duration can be stacked. This status gives all attacks made against the Eternal Soldier a flat 30% chance to miss and the attacker would be dealt impact damage equal to your level divided by 2 rounded down.
Mallich
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: [Skill] Counterattack (Eternal Soldier) Reply with quote

Whytemeet wrote:
Putting this suggestion back up with a tweak.
Linksie to previous suggestion, for those interested.
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some quick math:

At max out, the damage done is 15. At a 30% chance, that is roughly the same as a 4.5 point damage aura, though soak is less of an issue that a "true" aura.

The numbers do need a little work, but I like the direction we're going here save for 1 issue: The Aura must be activated.

It's ok to roll this together with Master of the Flow and simply rename the skill. I'm cool with that. But I'm really not so sure about giving a tank who is largely defined by his Aura the requirement of activating it.
Planeswalker
Planeswalker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teksura wrote:

The numbers do need a little work, but I like the direction we're going here save for 1 issue: The Aura must be activated.

I added the activation part later with the thought that the "always on" part would make it too powerful.

I agree it would be better without the activation if we could work on the numbers.
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having played with a few numbers, we might be better off if we detached this from the Master of the Flow mechanics simply because it'd be good to raise the chance of the counterattack. So, I've got 2 possibilities here:

This stays its own skill (30 CP) and uses its own chance to trigger (for placeholder numbers sake, we'll say 50%-60% depending on how we end up balancing the other Auras). When triggered, it then does damage to the attacker equal to half their level.

An alternative is to roll it into Master of the Flow (turning it into a passive skill), but rather than giving it a 30% miss chance we give it a 60% chance to resist half the damage. When this happens, the Aura happens.

Variants on the above are also possible, for example we could roll the first option into the existing master of the flow and leave the toggle ability as its own thing while the aura remains passive.

Oh, and while it may not be possible, I'm throwing this out there:

We have a mechanic in breath 4 where you can designate readied weapons. These readied weapons are the only ones which show up in the combat pane (therefore making it a lot cleaner and easier to manage). I do not know if it is possible, but we MIGHT be able to set the damage type to the same type as one randomly selected readied weapon. Now, that does sound wonderful and fun but at the same time it also gives the ES access to any exotic aura they like via enchantment. This could be a good thing though. What do you think of that? My hope with that idea (if it is even possible) is to better flavor the counter-attack as an actual attack. So, an Archer counters with piercing damage. A brawler counters with Impact. A swordsman counters with Slashing. Sounds great but I know you people. You're going to enchant things and make it so the only readied weapons you have are enchanted gear just so you can deal better damage types for the aura. Don't lie to me I know you were thinking that.

The question then becomes "is it acceptable to allow an enchanted damage aura". This wouldn't consume ammo from weapons. It wouldn't consume enchantment ticks from the weapons selected. It just pulls the damage type of a weapon.
Dreamweaver
Dreamweaver

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of b5 ES aura concepts work this way one way or another.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Promoted Suggestions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: