Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Character Gimmicks
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Character Gimmicks
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Out-of-Character Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rautherion
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Character Gimmicks Reply with quote

The Nexus has all sorts, from packs of fluffy animals to spatial anomalies and personified inanimate objects. It's like the board game Quelf, but in a universe ending conflict. This thread is for gimmick characters with certain specific role-playing patterns that you've thought of but aren't so enthralled with that you simply have to execute them.

Inspector Javert - an angel (or Pariah with Explosive Murder) that uses firearms or cutlasses and harasses and tries to arrest any Redeemed he encounters, saying that a criminal never changes and once a demon, always a demon. If you take Explosive Murder [Les Miserables spoiler] you must reenact his suicide at the end of Les Mis [/spoiler]

Riven, the Exile - a transcended who only attacks with swords of the destroyed or broken qualities. Before she attacks she has to exclaim "A broken blade is more than enough for the likes of you". Every 110/80/50 seconds, you can allow yourself to use a Pristine Sword for 15 seconds.
Remilia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gandalf the Unreasonable

A wizard who has learnt every single glyph of protection. And engineering, to lock doors, disconnect power sources and the like. Also has first aid to remove sorceror's might, as well as multiple gems of each protection glyph. And a lot of chalk. Blocks key locations, such as train stations, power stations, resource buildings, bridges...
"You shall not PASS!"

Michael Bay

Okay so I actually made this one but released them. A throwing type Pariah who becomes a doom howler for the ability to learn spells. Housing an inventory filled with grenades, this pariah can dish out plenty of explosions, and cast slowing glyphs for cheesy slowmo scenes during raids (Slowing vs evil) before finally exploding himself. During raids with the oppossums, will film movies.

More as I begin to remember more.
Mallich
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Devil On Your Shoulder - Encourages players to commit evil actions. I actually tried this one, but he's since been released.

A feral lolcat - I can has cheezburger? Perhaps it could be replaced by a cultists of C(at)thulhu.

A future version of yourself.
saulres
So Very Sorry
So Very Sorry

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ig-Pay: A EUPD officer who spoke only in Pig Latin. Took way to long to compose emotes, now he respawns once in a while to read newspapers.

Crabby McCrab -- CRABS FOR THE CRAB GOD!

A chew toy - RP alt for the most adorable puppy to play with in the CCC SH. Eventually the puppy lost it. Now on the Island of Lost Toys.
BeefSteak
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

an adorable otter -- I believe the second of the RP's otters, who is now taking a vacation. She does adorable otter things and thinks that a playful otter is cute.

Fluttershy -- A character from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. She is a Lightspeaker who summons Angel Bunny (Her Wheel of Righteousness) and groups of animals (like a romp of otters, a kettle of hawks, and a crash of rhinoceroses) in order to try and protect various areas in NC

Frank the Big-Titted Female Nun -- ... Yeah, I was really damn drunk when I made this one. Talks with a southern drawl, and is totally a chick guys. Totally.

Jack Kevorkian -- Started back in Nexus War as a Dark Oppressor, who was a healer who made Soul Ice a lot and abused the hell out of Poison/Agony Curse. Has since turned into a Wyrm Master who is still a healer, but now has Pets in the names of various diseases. Assisted Suicide is his Wrackwyrm.
SkullFace
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Character Gimmicks Reply with quote

Rautherion wrote:
This thread is for gimmick characters with certain specific role-playing patterns that you've thought of but aren't so enthralled with that you simply have to execute them.

Some of these made it to the game, started by other players after I outlined them:

The Swedish Chef - Back in Breath 3 I wanted to use the Carving Knife / Harpoon / Torch combo and do all my emotes in Chefspeak. He has since made an appearance in Breath 4.

The Librarian / Gully Foyle - Again, back in Breath 3 I suggested that both these characters would make ideal Nexus Champions using HTH Combat. I'm sure I've seen Gully Foyle wandering around somewhere. As it happens The Librarian would be a better fit for Conduit in Breath 4.

The ones I haven't yet sorted:

The Groke - Originally had this one planned as an Earth/Cold Elementalist.

Barney The Purple Paedophile - Likely an Infernal Behemoth focussed on HTH Combat for dancing with little mortal childrens whilst singing "I love you, You love me.." and tailwhipping.

Audrey II - Initially though this would be a Revenant looking for 'plant food' but then considered that a Doom Howler with Doomblight might be more apt.

Severen - A bad-tempered leather jacketed Revenant from the Deep South. Character-wise it's too close to my gunbunny VW.

Skull Face
corky
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The music man - this was an NW character of mine who did emote performances with a variety of instruments and used song of the word a lot.

An Africanised Killer Moose - actually still here, the moose is a fairly dumb lich whose goal is to 'rescue' various dead animals by resurrecting them. Easily excitable and often runs into walls.

Auden Slade - Borrowed from a podcast called the gearheart, Auden Slade is an ancient warrior who has reached a state of semi immortality and gained the ability to see far into the future by hiding in the bloodline of his descendants, emerging by a sort of possession of their body during times of extreme stress. In the nexus he has completely gained control of one of his descendants and is having fun learning to use the new weapons at his disposal and trying to take over the world.

Acheron Hades - created this breath because I wasn't enjoying Auden's dark oppressor incarnation and wanted to try a fallen again. Acheron Hades is a character from Jasper Fforde's Thursday Next series, a master criminal and completely immoral (believes in being evil as possible instead of possessing no morals). Said to be able to "lie in thought, word, action and appearance" (meaning he can mimic others, taking on their appearance) Acheron is rumoured to not be completely human and possesses a number of supernatural abilities in addition to his powers of deception such as not being able to be photographed, immunity to most weapons and being able to sense whenever someone mentions his name in a wide area (1000 yards or more).

I'll add some of the other character ideas I have had when I remember them.

(With help)
daeriel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also one I actually do have, but am too lazy to play it properly at this point:

Light Within - Takes ALL OF YOUR MP and your pets, too (corruptor). As a bonus, it exists partly for shepherd exits (and those with shepherd exit alts) to take their aggression out on.
Whytemeet
Planeswalker
Planeswalker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually wanted to make a character who's only weapon was a baseball bat. Think, Casey Jones (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) or Negan (The Walking Dead comics).

I realize how underpowered this would probably end up, but it would be pretty awesome.

Stayed tuned for Breath 4!
Mallich
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whytemeet wrote:
I actually wanted to make a character who's only weapon was a baseball bat.

I realize how underpowered this would probably end up, but it would be pretty awesome.
I'm certain that I've already encountered Paranoia Agent's Lil' Slugger in the Nexus. I've spotted this chap, although I'm not sure if they're the same person.
Masta_Crouton
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All my characters aren't gimmicky enough to brag about. =( too much good stuff.

And that's coming from a guy who has an insane demonsexual charrie.
Rautherion
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I was reading A Song of Fire and Ice and I was thinking what a perfect Wolf Rev Jon Snow and Ghost would make.

Jon Snow is the bastard son of Eddard Stark, Lord of Winterfell who raised Jon like one of his own at court. Jon Snow went to join the Night's Watch with his albino direwolf Ghost because he believed it was a place where even a bastard could find honour. Jon was taught by Eddard that the man who pronounces the verdict should be the one to preform the execution lest he become too comfortable ordering death. Jon Snow is a fair swordsman and he honorably dispenses justice with his Valarian Steel Sword Longclaw. During the nighttime, he dreams of being his direwolf Ghost, running through the snow and tasting blood.
Senretsu
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeefSteak wrote:
Frank the Big-Titted Female Nun -- ... Yeah, I was really damn drunk when I made this one. Talks with a southern drawl, and is totally a chick guys. Totally.

Jack Kevorkian -- Started back in Nexus War as a Dark Oppressor, who was a healer who made Soul Ice a lot and abused the hell out of Poison/Agony Curse. Has since turned into a Wyrm Master who is still a healer, but now has Pets in the names of various diseases. Assisted Suicide is his Wrackwyrm.

Wow holy crap. I can almost certainly say I've both seen and attacked both of your characters at one point or another, sir. The names always stuck with me.

I'm the Wizard of Tha Hood.
Basically Gandalf if his staff were studded with Diamonds and his Wizard Hat became a pimphat, etc. Just got promoted to leader of the Exiled Original Gangsters today. After a long time of trying to think of some kind of humorous Gangster-Character I could roleplay, the idea hit me while I was listening to ICP's album, "Wizard of Da Hood"

So sadly I don't think I score too many points for originality there ._.;[/b]
Robby
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Virgil firebrand - an odd mix ill admit think Minsc from baldur's gate except with a cat mixed with an oblivion guard, so ya berserker who throws him self blindly at the enemy would be a fairly good assessment.

Kent Maddog - when i first made this guy was going for a whole hate demons willing to kill them at any price sorta deal yada yada yada. hence Undead Revenant but that wore thin for me and i NEVER RPed with the idea so i swapped it to undead cowpoke bounty hunter and i rather enjoy it.

Pinkie Pie yeah another pony from FIM seems who ever joked they would be taking over might come true Razz Anyway shes Archon is as random as possible, loves baking and will usually talk any ones ear off also looks her for Friends and tries to make new ones in the process.
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A spacetime anomaly: This guy was designed with wormholes in mind. No more, no less. He originally had this emoting gimmick where every kill was supposed to be accompanied with some reality bending spectacle. I couldn't be arsed to come up with those however, so it was discontinued.

Sir Richard Douch├ę: Richard was supposed to be this fat and whiny aristocrat who constantly needs to remind everyone about his "higher social status". However, I grew tired with the character and he mostly just spends his time infusing and trying to avoid interfactional drama. Also, since the server move apparently broke the letter ├ę, he's nowadays known as Sir Richard Douch´┐Ż.

Inquisitor Anxiatus: This character was designed to be a Holier than Thou archon. The idea was to make this paranoid clergyman who always finds some way to accuse pretty much anybody of some heretical conduct or other, no matter how far-fetched. And the wages of sin is death.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Out-of-Character Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: