Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Patching and Breath 4
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Patching and Breath 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BobGeneric
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Patching and Breath 4 Reply with quote

Expect the "final patch" for Breath Three to be released tonight. This patch will include some important bug-fixes, as well as the release of the first "mega-mob" in NexusClash, Maeval (Details to Follow).

The reason it is the "final patch" for Breath Three is that I am turning all of my coding attention to putting together the code that will be needed to handle Breath Four (which is going to be a "from-the-ground-up rewrite" for a number of reasons).

If a seriously game-breaking bug turns up, I am likely to patch it, but it's more profitable for me to now turn my attention 100% to working on the new re-write since any patches I add now will be obsolete when we move to Breath Four anyway.
fluffymasterchief
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where have I heard of the name Maeval before? XD
Repth
Lore Developer
Lore Developer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, am very excited for this. Having recently gotten into editing the wiki, I look forward to the next breath. Thanks Bob.
B4 Valhalla Map Preview
saulres
So Very Sorry
So Very Sorry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fluffymasterchief wrote:

Nexus War Wiki Badges page wrote:
The Crypt of Maeval: You have explored where the Maeval, the first recorded Revenant, once made his lair.

This should be fun.

Although I thought Breath 3 was scheduled to last about 2 years?
Shadok
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saulres wrote:
fluffymasterchief wrote:

Nexus War Wiki Badges page wrote:
The Crypt of Maeval: You have explored where the Maeval, the first recorded Revenant, once made his lair.

This should be fun.

Although I thought Breath 3 was scheduled to last about 2 years?

Yeah, that was before we found that the whole thing has been completely wonky in some places, plus Bob wants to rewrite the codebase. So thus the game'll no longer work with itself if we changed it slowly.

"Oh, sorry, thought I was in a Vault of Enlightenment, not someone's booze cabinet." -Kharn
Pikanchion
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay Breath 4 preperation begins in full! *Super excited for my first full NC breath* ^^
honestmistake

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new breath with new code to support it is all well and good but... is there going to be any sort of co-ordinated push to bring in numbers? I mean, obviously we (the players) can prod friends etc to play but some centraltly led recruitment drive might be worth consideration. For starters a facebook presence we can all spam on our walls seems like a good move
pancakes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be down with a facebook page to share. I'm already part of the old pirates of r'lyeh fb group.

I wouldn't know the first thing about making one, but if someone else made a NC fb page I would be happy to share it.

<GK> I now have 3 puppies, and 3 kittens, thinking about eating them
Ongewitter
Wikinator
Wikinator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't someone else make a facebook page earlier (like, lots earlier)?
honestmistake

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if they did, it doesn't show in a search from my profile.
saulres
So Very Sorry
So Very Sorry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realized -- with a complete rewrite of the code, there are likely to be some database changes as well. Will we be retaining our "Total" stats, or are they going to be reset? I really, really hope the former...
Shadok
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

saulres wrote:
I just realized -- with a complete rewrite of the code, there are likely to be some database changes as well. Will we be retaining our "Total" stats, or are they going to be reset? I really, really hope the former...

It's unlikely they'll be erased. I can't say for CERTAIN, but simply retaining a number shouldn't be hard.

"Oh, sorry, thought I was in a Vault of Enlightenment, not someone's booze cabinet." -Kharn
Shadok
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People may have noticed their dodge reducing. If not, the blue text was hard to miss. Either way, dodge enchantments have been reduced to 1%. This is in preparation for breath 4, as we need to know if these enchantments are sustainable. If classes are still overpowered despite the change to the enchantment, there's a very real possibility of it being removed completely (and using accuracy enchants on an armour/clothing item will yield a completely different effect). Feel free to add your input on this change (If you believe it renders the enchant worthless, say so politely. Or else you can express relief it was finally patched. It's up to you, but remember that normal flaming rules apply Wink)

Dissident

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think 2% per enchant and limit it to 5 Enchants is better if we want to get 10% Max dodge on Enchantments.

10 Enchantments to get 10% dodge is too much effort for little buff imho. I can understand how this is easier to implement this breath but should be reconsidered for the next one Smile
Sac
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dissident wrote:
I think 2% per enchant and limit it to 5 Enchants is better if we want to get 10% Max dodge on Enchantments.

10 Enchantments to get 10% dodge is too much effort for little buff imho. I can understand how this is easier to implement this breath but should be reconsidered for the next one Smile

Agree with this. I do agree it needed a tweak but it also needs to be worth the effort. As Dis said, not a biggie for the remains of this breath but would be nice to have consideration for the next one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: