Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - [EVENT] Explosion of Chaos
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[EVENT] Explosion of Chaos
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadok
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 4:49 am    Post subject: [EVENT] Explosion of Chaos Reply with quote

Well, I have good news and bad news.

You no doubt all noticed the explosion. You'd have to be blind to NOT have seen it. It was caused by a rupture of chaos, which has now exploded and begun leaking into the Nexus.

That was the good news. The bad news is that now there's RAW CHAOS in the Nexus. I don't need that stuff hanging around. It's a pain to clean up.

So I'm now offering people rewards in exchange for chaos they find. Think of this as a giant "WANTED" ad.

The chaos can be found in the form of "Fermented Chaos" and "Scales of Tholaghru". Don't ask me why the chaos turns itself into a bottle of multicoloured shifting fluid or a crystal gem, it's chaos. I can't explain it.

What's that? Shut up and tell you what you can get for your hard-work? Well FINE. Be like that.

Value of a fermented Chaos: 2 points
Value of a Scale of Tholaghru: 1 point
Rewards list wrote:

Number of elixirs: Reward (Choose one of the items listed)
1: 2 alchemy components, 2 grenades, 4 food/booze items or a (non credit) clothing item of your choice.
2: Holy/Unholy/Normal books (Handed out in batches of 6, except for normal which is 12), An ammo pack for a weapon of choice (batches of 5).
3: Any 4 potions of your choice.
4: A mundane weapon. Swords, Axes, Daggers, whatever. Handed out in the pristine state
5: A spell gem of your choice (any spell instantly!)
6: Mundane armours. Same as weapons.
8: An item from the list of lost-items.*
10: Blackened Gauntlet, Rotten Crossbow, Runesword, Virtuecaster or Soul Cannon

Services wrote:

1 Scale: Enchantment upon a weapon of your choice (You must provide the weapon). Will also cost potions, the same type as the one required for the enchantment.
+1 Scale (stacks with the enchant cost): Same as above, but I'll supply the potions needed. You just hand over the chaos and the weapon. This fee is a flat cost. (Thus Cost = X + 1, where X = number of enchants)

Note about enchantments: A character may not use the potion-provide cost to gain enchantments which are "out of sync" with their class. An angel cannot purchase Arcane or Unholy, a Trans cannot purchase unholy or holy and a demon cannot purchase holy or arcane. (However the enchants can be obtained with the potions provided).

This rule is waived for an unaligned faction member who has been in the faction for at least a week and is of veteran or higher rank.

Lost items wrote:

Impact Damage:
* Quarterstaff
* Wooden Club

Piercing damage:
* Harpoon
* Katar
* Spear
* Trident

Slashing damage
* Sharpened Coral

Other: Piercing with poison chance
* Poison Pistol

Instructions to claim your reward:
PM me with the number of chaos/scales you have in your possession and the ID of the character who is trying to redeem this item.
One of my characters will teleport to you. Hand your items to this character. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO KILL THEM. I can and will find you, then kill you.
Your item will then be granted to you upon my confirmation that I've received your payment. This grant does not require you to stay on the same tile as the character you handed the items to.

Since you all need it, the current clue as to what tiles are chaotically-charged:

Clues:
I walk down this once dusty road,
now an earthly orchard,
carrying at once my heavy load,
weary that I am tortured.

Now you're walking down that well known road,
Something's changed, but who would know.
The smiles you get are poisoned, well
The colors you once knew are killed.

(Disclaimer: Poison does not refer to poisoned sea tiles. I'll save you some time. I've not used any tiles which require a skill to access.)

Game notes
These items have been added to the search tables. You will need to SEARCH in the tile you suspect to be the one spoken of in the riddle.
TYPES of tiles are what you're looking for at present. The exact Co-ordinates do not make a difference.
The tile-types with chaos do not look different.
The tiles containing chaos are not found on Elysium or Gehenna.
The Collector does not appreciate being hurt. He is a creature of chaotic magic himself. If you attempt to take his life, he will revoke yours. And some AP. Don't fuck with The Collector.

"Oh, sorry, thought I was in a Vault of Enlightenment, not someone's booze cabinet." -Kharn

Last edited by Shadok on Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:22 pm; edited 21 times in total
pancakes

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silly question: Is the item auto-find? or do you have to repeatedly search? Does it take up inventory space?

<GK> I now have 3 puppies, and 3 kittens, thinking about eating them
Shadok
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering the list of prizes, the item is rather difficult to find. You will need to spam-search. Possibly more than 1 AP cycle worth, depending on RNG.

This item takes up 1 inventory slot.

"Oh, sorry, thought I was in a Vault of Enlightenment, not someone's booze cabinet." -Kharn
Shadok
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
- NotEugeneKay gave you a(n) Elixir of Chaos. (2012-05-29 09:37:04).

The first to find and claim a piece of the chaos is....

Apparently not Eugenekay. Very unhelpful. Narrows down our potential suspects by exactly one person. Anyway, he traded it for VODKA. Lots of Vodka.

The collector is pleased.

Fellis

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS WOULD LIKE TO TAKE FULL RESPONSIBLITY FOR THIS EVENT! YOU ALL THOUGHT WE WOULDN'T BLOW IT UP BUT WE TOLD YOU!!!

we told you... Crying or Very sad
Pikanchion
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Urghhhh 360 AP spent searching the same tiles and only one potion found, at least with 9 characters I'll probably manage to collect a reasonable number on one of them.

How long is this going to be available for? At this rate it'll take 1.5 months for one of my characters to get 12 of them, and thats with every last AP devoted solely to getting to the correct zones and searching...

That said 360 searches isn't the biggest of samples, I hope my characters were just unlucky today.
Mnky

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pikanchion wrote:
Urghhhh 360 AP spent searching the same tiles and only one potion found, at least with 9 characters I'll probably manage to collect a reasonable number on one of them.

How long is this going to be available for? At this rate it'll take 1.5 months for one of my characters to get 12 of them, and thats with every last AP devoted solely to getting to the correct zones and searching...

That said 360 searches isn't the biggest of samples, I hope my characters were just unlucky today.

Sounds fine to me. Don't want everyone running around with runeswords.
Johhan

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Once you get past the mundane to things that we haven't even had ingame, the rewards are too strong to have this be an easy thing.

I, too, would like to know if this has a duration.
and, as always,
Johhan
SkullFace
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duration would be a good idea. All of these have previously been ingame and some are quite powerful.

Skull Face
SkullFace
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fake! I pressed the Drink button on the Elixir of Chaos:

Quote:
- You drink the booze. (2012-05-29 15:52:08).
- You are now drunk. While drunk, you will receive a +1 damage bonus to melee and hand-to-hand attacks, but a -5% penalty to hit on all attacks. (2012-05-29 15:52:08).

Skull Face
corky
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkullFace wrote:

Quote:
- You are now drunk. While drunk, you will receive a +1 damage bonus to melee and hand-to-hand attacks, but a -5% penalty to hit on all attacks. (2012-05-29 15:52:08).

I was wondering what would happen when someone drank one, I'm disappointed, not even minor poison?
Saint_Jimmy
Totally a real Doctor
Totally a real Doctor

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

corky wrote:
SkullFace wrote:

Quote:

I was wondering what would happen when someone drank one, I'm disappointed, not even minor poison?

Considering it's an elixir of chaos, it is possible it can have different effects.
SkullFace
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It occurs to me that those with Prayer / Devout Supplication could have a bit of an advantage in this searching contest Wink

Skull Face
Toben
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkullFace wrote:
It occurs to me that those with Prayer / Devout Supplication could have a bit of an advantage in this searching contest Wink

Not to mention the sudden surge of recruits the Opal Syndicate has probably seen...
Hungerer
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, wouldn't want to further advantage those folks who took Search either damn them. Most broken skill in the game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: