Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:18 pm Post subject: Donations and Such
The "Donate" button now shows with the links on the left-hand side of the screen if you wish to donate via paypal. If you cannot (or will not) use Paypal, please send Teksura a private message with the subject "Donation Address" and he will reply with a mailing address to which donations can be sent.
IMPORTANT: Due to the way our admin tools are set up, it is somewhat awkward to grant your credits if your paypall email address differs from the email address you used to register with us. As such the best way to help us out is to send us an email at email@example.com from the same email used in your PayPal donation. Please provide a link to one of your characters for fastest results. This admin email is accessible by all members of the admin team, but you may also contact us by other means to let us know you have sent the email and donation. Note that thanks to new admin tools, if the email you registered with paypal matches the email address you registered with us, we can simply search for that email address and grant credits to your account that way.
Bob no longer processes donations. This is now done by your friendly Admin Team
Usually, payments are processed as soon as we become aware of them, and have the character link. All members of the admin team receive an email alert when your donation is received, and we do coordinate with each other to confirm which have been processed (So don't try anything sneaky like trying to get 2 different admins to process the same donation or else we will become very very angry with you.) Your balance (if you have one) will be shown on the main screen displaying all your characters.
An automatic "credit" system will probably eventually be implemented for breath 4, but as it stands now, we will be manually adding these to your account.
Your donations get you access to the following (one dollar of donation is worth 100 credits):
* Additional Character Slot: 300 + 300 * (total existing additional character slots)
(This means your 4th character is 300 credits, your 5th character is 600 credits, etc.)
* Naming rights and ability to change the description (but not base tile type) of a single tile: 1000 Credits (Name and description subject to approval; no URLs or obscenities will be accepted)
* Custom item name: 100 Credits (name subject to approval, this changes the actual name displayed on an item, including a weapon, to "special name, a(n) normal name" - including on broadcast kill messages). The name is not "lost" through degradation or similar; the name change is permanent. Limit of 64 characters.
* Custom Aspects: 400 Credits (Write your own character aspect Limit 500 characters)
* Customize a "known" spell's name and attack/defense/kill descriptions: 300 Credits (subject to approval; you will need to supply the name of the character who knows the spell, the current spell name, and what you wish to change the name to).
You will also need to fill in the blank for the attack string of "You attack target with _______, and missed/dealing X points of Y damage.", the target's string of "Character X ________, and missed/dealing X points of Y damage" and the "kill" string of "Character X attacked Character Y ______________! (on this last, "killing them" will be appended at the end if it is not already clear from the flavor text.
* Upload a Custom Avatar: 200 Credits (now with automation!)
We also offer a few special offers, which can not be accessed via the store. You will need to contact an admin directly for these:
* Tile renaming (This holds a caveat that some tiles are special, and will not be renamed. For example, anything with the word "Memorial" in the name is named in memory of a real person.): Generally, this is 1000 credits, but some exceptions may apply in some cases. We will tell you when this may apply.
* Unique items. We can take the stats from an already existing item, and make unique items with a name you chose. Would you rather have your character wielding a Morningstar but don't want it to appear as "Morningstar, a Sword"? We can help: Right now this will cost the same as an item rename and breath 4 has plans to make this an automatic option when renaming items in the credit store. But since we have to manually create a new item in admin every time someone asks for this, we may have to increase the cost if this generates too much work.
* Custom clothing: See Unique Items. It is also not considered exploitive to use the existing Rename-Item feature to create the illusion of there being more clothing than what you're actually wearing. Renaming a Green Beret to "a Cuban Cigar in his mouth" comes out as "He is wearing a Cuban Cigar in his mouth, a Green Beret". Just remember that clothing is displayed alphabetically based on the original item's name (not your rename) and the last item will be preceded with "and a" rather than a comma.
Last edited by BobGeneric on Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:02 am; edited 2 times in total
I would have donated by now, but it seems PayPal is being a bitch about accepting my card. _________________ Nobody likes artists, and who can blame them? When they aren't challenging your preconceptions or whatever, or renouncing the boundary between being and nonbeing, they're beating you at games with their nigh mystical bullshit.
Joined: Nov 28, 2009 Posts: 123 Location: Netherlands
Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:06 am Post subject:
I donated enough for my 'Acta Sanctorum Memorial' tile.
Note that I want a list of Heroes/Saints on it!
If I had 'free reign' I'd make it an Ivory Tower with a marble plaque with a list of Actans of renown.
The function of the Ivory Tower could simply be like an apartment building.
Just with a different and rather cool description.
Something in the direction of:
"You stand in awe.
Somehow this place inspires you with the deeds of ancient heroes, fighting valiantly for justice.
They were a beacon of light in an ocean of Darkness."
Or anything similar but even cooler.
I'd not mind that. 8)
Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:40 am Post subject: Re: Donations and Such
extra slots will be "solo" or "factionless" characters
unfortunately that might not make much of an improvement over just letting whoever join whatever faction because unfactioned characters can still just tag along on other faction's raids and hide nearby to defend. The only way I can think of stopping something like that would be to make wards recognize their raiding faction and only let the faction that takes down the ward enter.
I kinda like the idea of that though because it will stop dogpiles, vultures and probably a couple of other things that promote nerd rage.
All times are GMT - 7 Hours Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19Next
Page 1 of 19
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum