Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Extra renown for killing hostile/enemy officers
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Extra renown for killing hostile/enemy officers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Liemannen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:50 am    Post subject: Extra renown for killing hostile/enemy officers Reply with quote

In addition to the regular 1 renown for killing hostile faction member and 2 renown for enemy faction member, how about if you would also get on top of that

+1 extra renown for killing an enemy Lieutenant (so hostile Lieutenant would give 2 renown, and enemy Lieutenant 3 renown)
+2 for enemy Leader (hostile Leader 3, enemy Leader 4)
Darkwingstalker
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaos Chaos Chaos, of course, is a faction full of body doubles and fake leaders.
Kaidessa
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thus killing a leader in Chaos Chaos Chaos actually gives negative renown in this situation. You fell for the body double!
Alyss
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd dig this. The only issue is that there's little reason not to have most members as Leader (only worry is a mass safe dump, which is a bit far-fetched), and pretty much no reason not to have most members as Lieutenant. That's on other things in the game though. I think it'd be neat for downing enemies specifically to have a little more renown punch. It's a bit strange that direct-killing summons is the renown gain meta.

Because of the prevalence of all-Leaders and especially Lieutenants, I think I'd prefer it if this were slightly modified so that every faction got to nominate a certain number of 'standard-bearers', who perhaps got some nominal bonuses inside their stronghold (defensive stats could get messy, I'd honestly go for utility or supportive stats like +search%), but also granted a big wodge of renown to enemy killers. Probably overcomplicating a simple suggestion to be fair, but could maybe be a nice spin on it.
Badziew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A crazy idea, although probably tedious to implement:

Whenever faction roster is changed (character joins or leaves, character is promoted or demoted), game engine could automatically iterate over all faction members and automatically assign people their "value" in Renown based on their rank, level, or any other criteria. For example give "top 3" Lieutenants a bigger value than other Lieutenants.
Liemannen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alyss wrote:
I'd dig this. The only issue is that there's little reason not to have most members as Leader (only worry is a mass safe dump, which is a bit far-fetched), and pretty much no reason not to have most members as Lieutenant. That's on other things in the game though. I think it'd be neat for downing enemies specifically to have a little more renown punch.

Simple solution. Make faction lose renown if their leader gets killed. Would give a small reason to keep the number of leaders down.
SaltedSalmon
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But why do we want to keep the number of leaders down? So far, positions are just a way of managing permissions. This change will reduce the freedom factions have to determine how their permissions should look like.
Liemannen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaltedSalmon wrote:
But why do we want to keep the number of leaders down? So far, positions are just a way of managing permissions. This change will reduce the freedom factions have to determine how their permissions should look like.

Personally I don't (or maybe I do, since I am CCC leader after all). But I made the comment with an easy solution, if powers that be would want to limit the number of faction leaders.
haliphax
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know of any reason dev team would want to limit faction leaders. Everyone is a leader in one of my factions for administrative ease.
Kandarin
Dreamweaver
Dreamweaver

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is assigning a game-mechanics role to something that the community decides for purely meta reasons.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Suggestion Drafts All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: