Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - [Skill] allow transmuting junk into random components
Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:06 pm Post subject: [Skill] allow transmuting junk into random components
Every search trip usually ends up with a stack of useless items - things that are searchable in that location but have no use for that particular character and their friends or allies.
In fact, some items in game (for example padlock) are even unusable by design.
Perhaps it is time to make all that junk useful again!
- add a new Skill that allows to convert an item in character's inventory into a random amount of random components
- the randomness is on purpose, it is more fun/exciting/masochistic that way, and probably easier to implement too
- depending on the way it is described, this new Skill could fit either into Repair Item tree (mundane disassembling of the item), or Alchemy tree (actually transmuting the item by magic)
- some kinds of items should probably be blocked from converted, initial mechanics can probably reuse the list of items that cannot be dropped or given away
- perhaps it would also be a good idea to block skill usage for enchanted items and weapons with ammo loaded
Some possible names for the Skill:
- Decompose Item, Disassembly Item, Extract Components, etc (for the Repair variant).
- Wild Transmutation, Chaotic Transmutation, Transmute Any Item, etc (for the Alchemy variant). _________________ My characters and random trivia: https://wiki.nexuscla.sh/wiki/index.php?title=User:Badziew
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum