Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - A 1:1 scale model of Sunset, in the medium of ghouls.
Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:47 am Post subject: A 1:1 scale model of Sunset, in the medium of ghouls.
In a blood-smeared ivory tower, three weeks ago...
Kael had spent a long time staring out at Paradise. Not at the angels, shrinking fearfully from his gaze, but at the Argentum Remnants. How could so many hulks and carcasses be present? Invasive sampling of the Elysium population had indicated an insignificant, hardscrabble population at best, hardly fit for Oblivion. So where did all these hulks come from?
Two weeks ago...
With a cry of "Eureka!" Kael unceremoniously shoves a dozen spellgems down his throat. The secret to cloning, zealously guarded by the angels, is now his! Once relocated to more fertile testing grounds, his lonely breeding pair of seed stock can finally grow...
It is crowded in the stronghold. The clone project has gone well - the ghouls now even have little nametags to help differentiate the commons from the rares. More enterprising individuals were checking the new ones, hoping to find shiny foil ghouls they could trade out to help complete their sets. But the collection was woefully incomplete, despite strenuous sampling efforts amongst the local population. What choice do you have when you gotta catch 'em all?
The OS raid crew practically disappeared in the horde as they filed through the wormhole and gathered at the gates of Sunset. What else can we do with 100 ghouls? Let's ghoul raiding!
Starting off with the EUPD, we acquired a new playset! Any good collector knows that a full set is worth much more than a mismatched grab-bag of ghouls!
- You attack the ward with your Nirvanyos the Arcanes Gaiawrath, a(n) Spellwand, dealing 24 points of impact damage. There is a shimmer of light as the ward wavers, then dissipates. (2016-02-26 02:33:05).
- You step inside Apartment Building. (2016-02-26 02:33:31).
- Prime said, "Every prime ... (minister?) has responsibility. That is to provide corruption for his people." (2016-02-26 02:33:31).
- Prime projected an powerful aura that has caused an unholy intimidation to settle upon the area. (2016-02-26 02:33:40).
- Tadpole- A Tree climbing Catfish attacked nikko with an a saliva covered rock, thrown from his tail like , a Sling , killing him! With a sickening stench, the flesh falls off of their corpse as it rises as a(n) shambling zombie! (2016-02-26 02:33:50).
- You say, "100 ghouls marching today to protest your police brutality!" (2016-02-26 02:33:54).
- Prime said, "Now let us corrupted my people!!" (2016-02-26 02:34:09).
- Kael said, "I HAVE A THEORY" (2016-02-26 02:34:20).
- Kael said, "or I think it was a riddle." (2016-02-26 02:34:33).
- Tadpole- A Tree climbing Catfish said, "Hi guys! Surprise! Its a rise! Damn it, i mean raid, but it didn''t rhyme..." (2016-02-26 02:34:33).
- Riseabove said, "Police force at the end of the ghouliverse!" (2016-02-26 02:34:43).
- Tadpole- A Tree climbing Catfish does a riddle cartwheel... (2016-02-26 02:34:50).
- Huntsman said, "Get em Invictus!" (2016-02-26 02:35:06).
- Kael said, "Where be my companions?" (2016-02-26 02:35:16).
The ghouls sauntered in a full minute after their master - it takes a while to take them out of the binder. Then almost instantly the faction was pulped to ghoulash.
- Miss Elainious, a Ghoul, belonging to Kael , attacked Warharan, killing them! Their corpse rises as a ghoul in the service of Kael ! (2016-02-26 02:35:27).
[basically the above, about 20 times in a row in 20 seconds]
- Kael of Oblivion Squadron grasped the unprotected faction standard of the faction claiming this location. With a low rumble, the magic of the location dissipates. (2016-02-26 02:36:14).
- Kael of Oblivion Squadron has taken the faction standard of The Police Force at the End of the Universe! Your faction gains 16 points of renown! (2016-02-26 02:36:14).
EUPD couldn't tango more than thirty seconds with the ghoullotine! We added a 1:1 police playset to the horde! Ghoul count: 110.
Next stop, The Sanguine Fire! Ghouls are very flammable (you might say they're hyperghoulic), so 100 ghouls marched in protest of their lax safety standards! The police playset boldly strode forth to properly enforce the law for once!
- Riseabove destroyed a ward protecting this location! (2016-02-26 02:38:15).
- Prime said, "Mmm i like arcane well! Thank you!" (2016-02-26 02:39:15).
- You say, "100 ghouls marching today to protest lax fire safety regulations!" (2016-02-26 02:39:53).
- You say, "Come one come all and join the march!" (2016-02-26 02:40:04).
The Sanguine Fire was practically jumping into the arms of the horde to get replicated! It's always gratifying to see a well-curated collection be properly appreciated.
- Moishe from Accounting has maxxed out! (2016-02-26 02:44:12).
- Riseabove of Oblivion Squadron has taken the faction standard of The Sanguine Fire! Your faction gains 14 points of renown! (2016-02-26 02:44:54).
Ghoul count: 120, give or take.
Kiano showed up and with the reinforcement we renewed our modeling mayhem! The Radiant Order was next up for collection!
Ghoul count: 123. TRO was slaughtered like so much ghoultry, but their final moments were at least tastefully replicated in ghoul form.
Even more reinforcements! Warchaser showed up to do what he does best and smashed into the stronghold of Ridleybank Resistance Front. Disappointingly, some actually objected to having their likeness replicated, citing strange archaic beliefs like "icons steal part of your soul" and "ow ow ow my face my face why are you doing this." Kael attempted to accommodate their beliefs by offering a slight deviation from the sampling process - Muad and Miles were in fact given much time to check their hair and drink the appropriate potions so as to meet their maker in a good condition.
Wth the timely aid of Chocolate, they were well-made indeed. The ghouls were so full and lazy at this point they were just reghoulgitating all over themselves. It was pretty gross to watch.
- Chocolate616 of Oblivion Squadron has taken the faction standard of Ridleybank Resistance Front! Your faction gains 14 points of renown! (2016-02-26 03:27:27).
(OOC: I'd like to add that Kael went on to Pet fight TRO, no tanks just completely overwhelmed their pets with MOAR Ghouls. Then proceeded to unleash the pets while Forts were up but I think our awesome basher were too fast to bringing down the forts down to moderate. Wanted to kill them all on full forts but alas.)
I may not be a nukemage anymore, but the secrets that the Ivory Tower was holding made me into something much more!
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum