Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Nexus Clash :: View topic - [Gameplay]Guild impacts respawn location
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Gameplay]Guild impacts respawn location

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Suggestions Dump
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kandarin
Dreamweaver
Dreamweaver

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: [Gameplay]Guild impacts respawn location Reply with quote

Suggestion: When a Guild-member character respawns, they should have a partial (but significant) chance of respawning near their Guild Shrine.

Reasoning: Partly the issues raised here but more importantly: Guilds have consequences. The Nexal Struggle is decided by Guild-related mechanics, and that should play out in the day-to-day lives of the souls that live in it. So you're an Angel who joined a diabolical Guild based in Hell that supports the victory of an Evil Elder Power - you should get a reminder, every so often, that you're backing the wrong side and should either make peace with that or crusade against it. The Adamant Kinship already works like this (kind of). Etc., etc. There's a need for characters to have more control over where they respawn, and this is a nice flavorful way of doing it.
Morthalius

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would be a direct buff to some guilds and make some downright suicidal. Darksoul Cabal for instance, which is in the middle of the lake of fire would be an example of a bad one.
Sires of Retribution would be buffed by this.
Viga-Brand (Divine Herald) - Murder Inc.
Reverend Jim Jones (Lightspeaker)- Knights of Arcadia
Kandarin
Dreamweaver
Dreamweaver

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morthalius wrote:
This would be a direct buff to some guilds and make some downright suicidal. Darksoul Cabal for instance, which is in the middle of the lake of fire would be an example of a bad one.

I'm assuming that any tile that's currently non-respawnable would remain non-respawnable.

But yes, this would be a disincentive for some and an incentive for others. For example, my character would be screwed pretty hard by this. He's a Good Wizard in the Darksoul Cabal who's currently getting loads of free MP out the wazoo courtesy of Agh-za-haru (or whoever). There should be some kind of Faustian Price for getting those piles of MP while being diametrically opposed to Agh's agenda.
Morthalius

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kandarin wrote:
Morthalius wrote:

I'm assuming that any tile that's currently non-respawnable would remain non-respawnable.

But yes, this would be a disincentive for some and an incentive for others. For example, my character would be screwed pretty hard by this. He's a Good Wizard in the Darksoul Cabal who's currently getting loads of free MP out the wazoo courtesy of Agh-za-haru (or whoever). There should be some kind of Faustian Price for getting those piles of MP while being diametrically opposed to Agh's agenda.

Sires is also aligned with an evil elder power I believe, yet to make people respawn near it wouldn't be punishment for them at all. I don't think respawn changes are the way to go if you want to do something like this.
Viga-Brand (Divine Herald) - Murder Inc.
Reverend Jim Jones (Lightspeaker)- Knights of Arcadia
sohdbrimks

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if guilds change your max MO?
Evil: 30 and -50
Good: 50 and -30
Neutral: 30 and -30
BobGeneric
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Promote
Kandarin
Dreamweaver
Dreamweaver

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now know much more about how Guilds and respawning work under the hood than I did when I made this suggestion. The reasoning behind the OP is the issue of people joining opposite-alignment Guilds (Angels in Demon guilds, Demons in Angel guilds). We have better ways of addressing that issue that would be less awful to code.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Suggestions Dump All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: