Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:22 am Post subject: [Endgame] Give players control over which Power wins Breath
Writing down and cleaning up my Discord ramblings...
Currently it is the dev team that decides which Elder Power has won the current Breath.
From players' point of view the decision process is opaque and theoretically could not even be related to current state of game world.
My proposal is to make this decision an actual in-game mechanic.
Continue current dev team policy of not waiting with big patches until Breath ends. Game map and game mechanics should be able to be updated any time its needed, including tweaking features this proposal is about.
Revisit and restore some kind of Orthodoxy mechanics, so that each Elder Power would have a global score representing its "strength" in current Breath's conflict.
Player characters, or even Factions as a whole, could declare allegiance with an Elder Power, thus increasing that Power's score with their actions.
- characters increase score proportionally to XP gained
- characters increase score with each Achievement Badge gained
- characters can sacrifice items for their patron Powers, giving score relative to item's subjective "worth" in Powers' eyes
- Factions increase score proportionally to Renown gained
- Factions can buy Stronghold upgrades that constantly "produce" score points for Faction's patron Power
General idea is that (hopefully) with time and player actions some Powers will end up stronger than others and a potential victor will slowly start emerging.
Add twelve "endgame quests", themed after each Power, that upon completion trigger global announcement that an Elder Power has won the Breath. The quests could be similar for each Power (for balance), or wildly different (to better fit Power's portfolio).
It is important that each quest is a really hard challenge, requiring cooperation of many players or maybe even Factions.
Possible challenges that look like they would be the easiest to implement:
- a wandering boss spawns to be defeated
- a multi-stage gathering quest, requiring visits to multiple places to gather multiple rarely dropping items
- a "last stand" quest to fortify in a tile and survive raids for some time
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum