Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Nexus Clash :: View topic - Internal Server Error when using a "timed-out" cha
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Internal Server Error when using a "timed-out" cha

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Badziew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:09 am    Post subject: Internal Server Error when using a "timed-out" cha Reply with quote

I play in random intervals and I frequently leave game page open while I do something else.
Because of that play style my characters quite frequently "time out" and I have to Connect to them again.

Usually trying to use such timed-out character results in seeing character list, but on some occasions I see a completely blank page instead.

Today I was 'lucky": I got the white page again and I had enough spare time to investigate the situation.

Here are the results (sorry for chaotic format, I was just making notes on the fly):

Character: https://www.nexusclash.com/modules.php?name=Game&op=character&id=11571 (Sentient Spellbook)
Location: inside faction stronghold at Ministry of Finance (15, 9 Laurentia)

Button clicked: "Step Outside Ministry of Finance"
Request was submitted to: https://www.nexusclash.com/modules.php?name=Game&op=door

I went back in browser history and repeated the action with browser's Developer Tools open.

Button's HTML source code:
<form name="doorenter" action="modules.php?name=Game&amp;op=door" method="POST"><input type="hidden" name="action" value="exit"><input type="submit" value="Step Outside Ministry of Finance"></form>

Response headers show nothing useful:
HTTP/1.0 500 Internal Server Error
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2019 12:23:07 GMT
Server: Apache/2.2.22 (Debian)
X-Powered-By: PHP/5.3.3-7+squeeze19
Vary: Accept-Encoding
Content-Encoding: gzip
Content-Length: 20
Connection: close
Content-Type: text/html

After that I started going back and trying every available action.

1) Closing door resulted in error.
<form name="doorclose" action="modules.php?name=Game&amp;op=door" method="POST"><input type="hidden" name="action" value="close"><input type="submit" value="Close Door (1 AP)"></form>

2) Searching resulted in error.
<form name="search" action="modules.php?name=Game&amp;op=search" method="POST"><input type="submit" accesskey="S" value="Search (1 AP)"></form>

3) Hiding worked normally (just showed character list).

4) Casting a buff spell: error for all spells on list.
Widget's HTML source code:
<form name="spellother" action="modules.php?name=Game&amp;op=castspell" method="POST"><input type="submit" value="Cast"> <select name="spell"><option value="Blur">Blur - (5 MP)</option><option value="Flame Charge">Flame Charge - (12 MP)</option><option value="Glyph of Pain vs Evil" selected="selected">Glyph of Pain vs Evil - (12 MP)</option><option value="Guided Blade">Guided Blade - (10 MP)</option><option value="Mystic Shield">Mystic Shield - (8 MP)</option><option value="Reveal">Reveal - (7 MP)</option></select> on self.</form>

5) Using a spellgem: error (I only tried first option on list because I decided that others will probably also not work).
Widget's HTML source code:
<form name="spellattack" action="modules.php?name=Game&amp;op=castspell" method="POST"><input type="submit" value="Trigger"> <select name="item"><option value="9850680">Acrid Vapors - (12 MP, 5 charges)</option><option value="9500220">Death Mantle - (12 MP, 1 charges)</option><option value="9722425">Seeking Hand - (10 MP, 2 charges)</option><option value="9873088">Static Charge - (12 MP, 5 charges)</option></select> from spellgem.</form>

6) Using pattern weaver: worked (although I only tried one combination of options).

7) Retrieving an item from faction safe via old menu: worked (I tried only one item).

8) Placing an item into faction safe: worked (also only tried one item).

9) Retrieving an item from private footlocker: worked (one item tested).

10) Placing an item into private footlocker: worked (one item tested).

11) Retrieving an item from faction safe via new menu: worked (one option tested from each dropdown, although most of them were empty).

12) Learning a spell from spellgem: worked

13) Dropping a spellgem: worked

14) Removing a worn item: worked

15) Switching from inventory tab to map tab: worked, and also worked for other tabs

16) Speaking to everyone: worked

Unfortunately these are the only actions I could test (because of circumstances and character build) but if I stumble upon opportunity in the future, with a different character, then I will try to test other types of commands.
Badziew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and after re-connecting to the character I can confirm that none of those actions seem to have changed anything in character's state (still in the same location, with the same inventory content, etc).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Bug Reporting All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: