Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Nexus Clash :: View topic - Manabiter Tips/Advice wanted
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Manabiter Tips/Advice wanted

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sihoiba
Architect of Anguish

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:55 am    Post subject: Manabiter Tips/Advice wanted Reply with quote

So I'm playing my first Corruptor this breath, and I'm not 100% sure of the best way to use Manabiter as my MP recovery skill.

Any advice/suggestions?

Should I look at getting enchanted gear to eat enchantments off of for long term bonuses?
Is it better to drink or manabite a potion?
Quixotic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone who "mained" a Corruptor last breath, I can probably help out a bit there:

My main option for recovery through Manabiter were spellgems. More specifically, I had learned the "Glyph of Protection vs. Good" as it is the most expensive spell MP-wise. Find a few GoP v Good gems (or trade with a pattern weaver) and you can manabite a full one for an instant 200MP, then recharge them over time when you're in the SH/not raiding (Dark Heart can help out a bit with the recharging but you can totally live without it, for the most I just drained the various unused and common spellgems I found in the faction safe and through Unholy Book searching sessions). I very rarely found myself wanting for MP (in the end I had some 10 GoP v Good spellgems, all black so they stood at the top of my inventory).

Regarding enchant bonuses, I do not know whether anything has been changed this breath around (it was quite broken last breath, to be honest). Now I did go all the way to try and make Sparky as tanky and annoying to kill as I could but that required a LOT of maintenance and a very dedicated enchanting/alchemist conduit constantly topping off the gear I was manabiting.

In general, manabiting gear enchanted with potion of combat clarity is really good if you go the melee path (or if you use non auto-hits spells), regeneration gear manabite is pretty hilarious (3hp every action you take or taken against you) especially when during a raid defense somebody just triggers your draining field, making you immune to their damage type, and keeps bumping you (therefore healing you up), last Invulnerability potion gear manabite can help with tanking. Note however that these are mostly efficient for the buffs they provide, but I would not rely on them for MP alone (not the most efficient).

For the buffs to last for ridiculous (up to 1k+/manabite if you're lucky) amounts of ticks, in Breath 3 we would leave the "earliest" enchantments untapped, always manabiting the first 4-6 enchants (depending on how many ticks you get, usually stop around 1k) from a 10-enchanted piece of armour and then have it re-enchanted on top of what it has left. This usually ensured more ticks per manabite (versus manabiting it clean before re-enchanting).

Feel free to ask for precisions or all things Corruptor. You can also find me on IRC usually.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Rules Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: