Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Nexus Clash :: View topic - 4+ Character alts and factions
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4+ Character alts and factions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trying1
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:36 pm    Post subject: 4+ Character alts and factions Reply with quote

If you have 5 character alts (all legal and paid for) can they all belong to different factions or is there a limit?
-If there is a limit--why?
-Does it make a difference if one alt is the sole founder/member of their faction?

If you have 2 characters where 1 is released to take the other's place can they both belong to the same faction (Just keep rejoining on the reclaim/respawn)?
Kiralio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have six characters, all in different factions. I believe there used to be a limit of 3, but it's been abolished for ages.
Kandarin
Dreamweaver
Dreamweaver

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can have characters in as many factions as you have characters. If you leave a faction (or release a character) you can immediately join the faction you left with another of your characters without any restriction or penalty.
Rincewind
So much universe and so little time

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you have 5 character alts (all legal and paid for) can they all belong to different factions or is there a limit?

They can all belong to different factions. There is currently no limit.

Quote:
-Does it make a difference if one alt is the sole founder/member of their faction?

Each of your alts can found their own faction if desired. They can also be the sole member if desired.

Quote:
If you have 2 characters where 1 is released to take the other's place can they both belong to the same faction (Just keep rejoining on the reclaim/respawn)?

*raises eyebrows*

Technically yes, you can. Be aware that if you're doing it in order to do things that are normally prevented by the game... they are prevented by the game in order to make it harder to commit alt abuse and get banned.

So although you can have two alts take turns at being in a faction, there are basically no legitimate non-cheating reasons to do so - Sharing items between the two via the faction safe is alt abuse for starters, which is against the rules.

Your characters should lead separate lives, and not get any help from one another.
Trying1
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright. I just found this older post on the topic. Which seems to say it's ok...would you agree? Confused

http://www.nexusclash.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6955&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight
Rincewind

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're swapping an alt out of a faction for another as a one-off non-regular action then thats within the rules and is fine.

Your mention of "just keep rejoining on reclaim/respawn" gave me the impression you were looking to do this regularly and often, and the "one member faction" question also implies you aren't looking to do this for roleplay reasons. My apologies if I misinterpreted the context of your questions.

From the thread you linked:

Ravenik wrote:
I have two characters that, for RP reasons, I want to juggle within the same faction.

I'm not sharing items or equipment. Neither character will have any skills that benefit the faction directly besides healing.

Ravenik is clearly stating why he wishes to do this (roleplaying) and that he does not intend to do it to swap items between his characters. Teksura replied with some useful guidelines to help ensure Ravenik didn't risk accidentally breaking the rules.

If you want a more definitive answer in your particular situation you'll probably need to explain why you want to do the whole "just keep releasing/rejoining" thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Rules Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: