Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - The Final End
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Final End
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Out-of-Character Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Russell
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:17 am    Post subject: The Final End Reply with quote

I do believe the forums in Nexuswar have finally closed down. All those memories and posts I never had a chance to read. Such a waste and a shame. It will be sorely and truly missed. (Unless my computer is being stupid or Jorm is doing some maintenance on the forums and they come back up)
SuperflyTNT
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too regret the loss, though it was advertised for a brief period.

See here: http://www.nexusclash.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6831

We are mere hobbits scampering through the derelict battlefields of armies remembered only in verse. And yet, the truth is that the heroes and monsters of long ago were no different than you and me. Ordinary men and women caught up in extraordinary times.

Who will sing our songs? What deeds will be worth singing?
Russell
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

None for they are gone now. I feel the three years I spent playing that game have now faded into memory and will eventually be nothingness. God thats heart breaking. I'm a historian and to see all of that history just vanish is gut wrenching.
Claude
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been awhile since I checked over there. Definitely sad to see that history no more. Thankfully, I had saved a copy of Jorm's "Thrum, thrum..." words, which appeared through the end times of that final breath.

• There is a sudden flash of light from all around that blinds you momentarily. As your eyes return to normal, you momentarily see several unknown rune shapes. (1 Day Ago)
• Visions and memories, not your own, flood your mind. (1 Day Ago)
• There are the eyes of a woman, auburn-haired. Laughing. Her name is Molly. (1 Day Ago)
• Here are the cracked and peeling houses of the neighborhood where the you-who-is-not-you grew up. (1 Day Ago)
• Two small boys are chasing a dog through a field. One of them has a bb gun, and will shoot it in the side. The wound will get infected, and the dog will die. (1 Day Ago)
• The blonde woman buys ice cream for her son. His name is Clay. He has a liver disease. The sun is setting. (1 Day Ago)
• The sun rises behind the tower, spreading golden light across a field of yellow grass dotted with sleeping horses. The king is dead; you have failed. (1 Day Ago)
• You will hear the racous cries of the fishermen selling their wares one day; the whack-whack snicker-snack of knives gutting tuna and salmon. (1 Day Ago)
• The wails of the slaves, so viscous, a pathetic, liquid sound. Mayhaps you'll eat one soon. (1 Day Ago)
• You should speak to her. That girl. You know the one I mean. Tell her soon; the world is ending. (1 Day Ago)
• The symbols fade and the world rightens. (1 Day Ago)
• You have lost 1 Magic Points to pay for your faction's stronghold. (1 Day Ago)
• Your cult favor has decayed by 4 points. (1 Day Ago)
• His voiced bellows from between cracked teeth, "Hey, ho! Waves shall beat and wind may blow! Hold fast, me hearties! We'll be meetin' the pirate kings soon enough." (1 Day Ago)

• The true name of the Maker lies hidden between the muted rhythm of a heart beat and the liquid eeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhh-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah of the lungs. Thrum thrum thrum. Thrum thrum thrum. (12 Hours Ago)
• The dentist grimaces as she sands bits of dried epoxy from a patient's tooth. The teeth are stained - too much tobacco and coffee - and the filling doesn't match. (12 Hours Ago)
• A handful of dirt splatters on the coffin. The mortuary gave out cards; one side has a picture of a saint, and the other side has the Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi. You fold it without thinking and put it in your pocket. (12 Hours Ago)
• His name is Richard. You can smell his lust; it's a oily tang in the city air. He intends to sleep with the blonde stripper. He will fail. You order another drink and wait, the gun heavy in your pocket. (12 Hours Ago)
• The prisoners sing spirituals as they work along the road. The pounding of rocks punctuates each verse. The noon sun gleams dully off the black steel of the guard's shotgun. (12 Hours Ago)
• A young brunette woman leans out of an apartment building to watch a wedding processional in the street below. This moment is captured on a greasy stream of film. It will be one of the few photographs of her. She will die a few years later, the victim of a genocidal pogrom. (12 Hours Ago)
• Thrum thrum thrum. Thrum thrum thrum. (12 Hours Ago)
• Your grandfather is teaching you how to twirl a gun. His enormous hands effortless spin an antique Colt while yours struggle with a cheap, tin pop-gun. You are four years old. He will soon die, and this will be your only memory of him. (12 Hours Ago)
• Gently the child bobs in the water, bouyed by an air-filled vest. She smiles and gurgles as she learns to swim. (12 Hours Ago)
• Every time a baby is born in the ward, the nurse presses a little button, and strains of Brahms are heard through the floor. (12 Hours Ago)
• The tangy smell of cordite fills the air as the deranged assassin finds his mark. The musician dies, bleeding into the gutter. His widow cries over his body. (12 Hours Ago)
• He is furiously stabbing at the tree where he had carved their initials together inside of a heart. Tears blind him, and he cuts his hand. (12 Hours Ago)
• The cat is in pain. It does not know how to communicate this to its mother. Instead it sets down, glassy-eyed, barely moving. (12 Hours Ago)
• Thrum thrum thrum. Thrum thrum thrum. Thrum thrum thrum. (12 Hours Ago)
• Several thousand miles away, an unsung poet dies. (12 Hours Ago)
• Thrum thrum thrum. (12 Hours Ago)
• Your cult favor has decayed by 4 points. (5 Hours Ago)
• Thrum thrum thrum. Thrum thrum thrum. (4 Hours Ago)
• She touches his hand, accidentally, electrically. "I'm sorry," she says, but doesn't mean it, not really, he is so handsome. Her name is Hannah; his Francis. One day, in the future, she will bear him a son who will become a president. (4 Hours Ago)
• You sit at the edge of the lake. Your fishing rod is a simple thing: just a stick with a nylon line tied the end and a bright orange bobber above the hook. Father has a *real* fishing rod, with a reel and everything. There is a metal bucket filled with small trout; he caught them. You will never be happier than this moment, being a son in the moment of your father, who loves you more than you can know. Eventually, you will drift apart, and then together. (4 Hours Ago)
• He said, "We shouldn't tell anyone about this," as he touched her. She sighs. (4 Hours Ago)
• I have to let you go. You are no longer mine. (4 Hours Ago)
• Her name is Tatinana. She likes playing with her doll. Her father is important somehow but she doesn't quite understand. Someday, in the future, she will help to hold down a soldier while a surgeon violently removes a bullet from his chest. (4 Hours Ago)
• She doesn't understand. The boy pushed her in the sand; she just wanted to go down the slide. Mother wipes away tears with a cheap tissue. There will be ice cream. (4 Hours Ago)
• OHGOD OHGOD OHGOD DON'T FUCKING DIE ON ME YOU BITCH. ohfuck you're overdosing. don'tyoufuckingdieplease. Here, take some speed; maybe that will make you well until the ambulance comes. (4 Hours Ago)
• Things have never been so swell. (4 Hours Ago)
• The knives! The knives! Once, twice, five, twelve, twenty, they stab and stab. The pain, the pain - my cloak, my hands, the floor, they are painted crimson, this cannot be my blood. That cannot be my son... (4 Hours Ago)
• I watch the fireflies swarm in the heat. They twist and dance among the eddies of the late summer night; I think of the girl I am crushing on and wish she could experience this with me. (4 Hours Ago)
• He is a gentle boy. He loves creatures; he loves the world. Nervously, he tells his parents that he thinks he is gay. "You're no son of mine," father says. "I didn't raise no faggot." There are bruises the next day. (4 Hours Ago)
• I read your fucking book. Did you hear me? I READ YOUR FUCKING BOOK. (4 Hours Ago)
• The blood washes down, mixing with the dirt, collecting in the cracks of the soles of my shoes. "I'll have to scrub that out", I think. (4 Hours Ago)
• She lifts the bowl of soup to her mouth. She thinks of a man she used to love. He boarded a ship one day and she never saw him again. (4 Hours Ago)
• (2 times) Thrum thrum thrum. (4 Hours Ago)
Russell
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the final bit of flavor is floating around on another post here. I never got to read about DARIS and all the juicy details or the Knights of L Ron. I was really looking forward to reading about the NorthCamp Slasher and possibly creating a new character in game for him. *sigh* I should have been more active in the forums. WHY JOOOORM WHHHHHHYYY OH GOOOOOOOD! YOU'VE TAKEN IT ALL FROM US!!!!! *curses and cries at the heavens denying God's existence*

Last edited by Russell on Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
jazelock
Howdy!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh nooo. I used to love going back there to read the skill flavor text posts. Sad
JackTheRipper
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

/me facepalms right through his face.
Meric

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jazelock wrote:
Oh nooo. I used to love going back there to read the skill flavor text posts. Sad

Used to love these SO MUCH
blueinfinity
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The forums are still there.

As for the wiki. There is a way.
Kylinn
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blueinfinity wrote:

They weren't, yesterday. Perhaps just a temporary problem? Yay! for restoration.

blueinfinity wrote:

*screams with delight*
Skritz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blueinfinity wrote:

Tears of joy were shed that day.
Vicdarippa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blueinfinity wrote:

Holy shit this is amazing. It's like stepping into a nostalgia zone.

I still maintain that Carbon Core DCs were way too strong
JackTheRipper
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicdarippa wrote:
blueinfinity wrote:

Holy shit this is amazing. It's like stepping into a nostalgia zone.

I still maintain that Carbon Core DCs were way too strong

Elementalists.... sigh. Can't wait 'til SearchForShamballah can make a comeback.
Masumi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also panicked briefly, but it seems to have been a temporary (albeit 24 hour) glitch.
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if theres any feasible way to save all the posts and threads in the forum?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Out-of-Character Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: