Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - [Other] Inter-Alliance Messages
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Other] Inter-Alliance Messages

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Promoted Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aeneas

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: [Other] Inter-Alliance Messages Reply with quote

An option for faction leaders to send messages to all members of all other allied factions. Exactly like faction messages, except to all allies.
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this, but I'd like to add to it the option to "accept alliance communications".

Making it a thing you can opt out of is really the point here.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teksura wrote:
I like this, but I'd like to add to it the option to "accept alliance communications".

Making it a thing you can opt out of is really the point here.

Option for who? Factions? Individual chars?

I figured if people are abusing the green text you could just un-friendly them.
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking of allowing faction leaders to opt to not hear messages from certain factions, but you make a good point. Abusing it has a simple solution: Just unfriend.

Ok, so, moving on from that: Part of me would really prefer to see a higher AP cost on this than the 1 AP spent to send a message to your own faction. That part of me thinks that "1 AP for every faction which recieves the message" is totally fair.

Another part of me keeps saying "No, that's stupid. People can already communicate through the meta FOR FREE, why do we need to charge so much more?"

So, I'm torn on that. We can probably get away with the same 1 AP.

Also, perhaps the only concern here might be the potential for alt situations, when someone has an alt in both allies. A while back, I was talking about making a system where you have a step above alliance. Basically, you could have 2 factions set up so that if you have an alt in one, you can't have an alt in the other, then you allow access into each others strongholds and outposts. If that closer form of an alliance does end up getting off the ground, I'd be more comfortable if this feature was limited to that. However again, currently nothing really stops the same issues from happening in meta communications and we've only had 11 cases in the past 3 years. So, maybe I'm being paranoid. What do you think?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think maybe you're making this too complicated? >.>

1AP is fine. It reduces spam (I only see faction messages used a couple times a week, if that) but isn't overly costly. Especially when you can just use metagame communication for free, as you noted.

My idea was that a faction would have the option to "Send Allied Announcement" which would show up on the other end as something like:

Aeneas wrote:
- Aeneas of Haha I Have Bonuses sends the faction this message: Raid this Friday night (Saturday game time)! Check the bulletin board for times. (2013-11-08 07:33:20).

I don't think alt concerns are anything to be worried about. If anything, this would make more transparent the communication between allied factions, and what one alt is expected to know versus the other. As you noted, you can just metagame that information anyways. This would just be a nice in-game way of streamlining that information. Not all people use IRC, after all, and I feel the more that can be done in-game, the better.

Whether or not people should be allowed to have alts in allied factions is a whole 'nuther (many paged) discussion that I don't think is immediately relevant to this small suggestion.
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over-thinking things is half of my job around here Razz

Aeneas wrote:
1AP is fine. It reduces spam (I only see faction messages used a couple times a week, if that) but isn't overly costly. Especially when you can just use metagame communication for free, as you noted.

My idea was that a faction would have the option to "Send Allied Announcement" which would show up on the other end as something like:

Aeneas wrote:
- Aeneas of Haha I Have Bonuses sends the faction this message: Raid this Friday night (Saturday game time)! Check the bulletin board for times. (2013-11-08 07:33:20).

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Promoted Suggestions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: