Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Character Gimmicks
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Character Gimmicks
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Out-of-Character Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skritz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick used to finish everyone with a kick back in the old Nexus. Oh, he's also a Luchador. For some unexplained reason, he likes to rip off Dio Brando and shout MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA and WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! I really don't know why, it was just something he did. Given how things ended in the old Nexus and his character progression (No seriously! It's a long story.), he might end up a Redemeed next breath and possibly even a full-fledged angel some day.

Doctor Henry Von Crazy was an archetypal mad scientist. At one point he had Kohaku (of Tsukihime, played by a friend) as acolyte. Best not to think of what hapenned around those two. Maybe I should bring him back next breath!

I used to have The Emperor of Mankind, who fought almost exclusively with a chainsaw. Getting enough gas was quite a pain.

Mordin Solus supposed to be built like game counterpart. Fire/Ice/Lightning set of spells, to represent Incinerate, Cryo Blast and Neural Shock. Haven't played him in a while. Also terse talker, like game counterpart. *breathe in* Also sings. Well-liked for it. Tend to be spared by people for not being Miranda. Dissapointed by serie's ending.

Duke Nukem was required to spout a one liner every two sentence less he'd go into pop culture and meme withdrawal.

Kaldor Draigo takes a lot of drugs. His goal next breath is to get the biggest high in the Nexus. Just watch 'The Trials of Draigo' and you'll know why he's a junky.

Gilgamesh was made solely because I was bored after finishing Fate/Zero and was curious to see if the name was taken; next breath, he will be entirely thrown-based. Oh, he also think you're all mongrels. If it wasn't for enchanted items losing their enchantments, I would have had him carry around a ton of enchanted swords...that he would never use out of lazyness.
corky
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Myoclonic/Hypnic Jerk: Runs around bullhorning people and knocking on wards to yell at them to wake up. Would probably be a void walker due to sneakyness and inability to deal with targets that are alert.

(With help)
Kandarin
Dreamweaver
Dreamweaver

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robby wrote:
Pinkie Pie yeah another pony from FIM seems who ever joked they would be taking over might come true Razz Anyway shes Archon is as random as possible, loves baking and will usually talk any ones ear off also looks her for Friends and tries to make new ones in the process.

An Archon whose Eye of Judgment is named "Inflict Diabetic Shock", to boot.
Robby
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kandarin wrote:
Robby wrote:
Pinkie Pie yeah another pony from FIM seems who ever joked they would be taking over might come true Razz Anyway shes Archon is as random as possible, loves baking and will usually talk any ones ear off also looks her for Friends and tries to make new ones in the process.

An Archon whose Eye of Judgment is named "Inflict Diabetic Shock", to boot.

Yes indeedy and next breath shall her main attack shall be the same or perhaps even more amusing. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Character Gimmicks Reply with quote

SkullFace wrote:

The Swedish Chef - Back in Breath 3 I wanted to use the Carving Knife / Harpoon / Torch combo and do all my emotes in Chefspeak. He has since made an appearance in Breath 4.

The Chef is my second-favorite character in BobWar, right after the Jabberwocky. Bravo.

My schitck is Meatbag, who usually tries to pantomime stupid stuff. Way back in the original NexusWar, he was a deathfarming tribute to the FCM, and his MO was to luck into strongholds that had had their wards taken down during raids--or he'd join the faction and then leave once inside the stronghold--and he'd grope/dry hump any angels present until he was killed.

I kind of fell out of being creative with my character's actions a while back when I blew a disc in my neck and could only use one hand--so typing elaborate speeches/emotes was out of the question. Fell into that habit and am trying to break it now. Vile is trying to make his killing spree enjoyable for his victims. Custom t-shirts would help; back in the old Nexus, Vile would hand out funny t-shirts to his victims before filling them with arrows or slicing them open with his Hateblade (yeah, Vile had a Hateblade and three combat trees... oh, those were the days).
Zaradiel: Looking for his umlauts
Adjatha: Finally, BEER in the Nexus!
Jabril: Stabbing & smithing
Masta_Crouton
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how this has become a talk about your characters thread. Very Happy

very interesting to hear the backstory to some characters I've seen around.
saulres
So Very Sorry
So Very Sorry

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remembered another one from NW.

He was named something like "a guy who can't emote". He went around doing basically this:

Quote:
/me can't emote! Ahhh! How can he communicate anything when he can't emote?
/me hopes you can teach him how to emote. But he can't ask you, because he doesn't know how!
/me is so frustrated by his inability to emote that he takes it out on you. He regrets that you'll never understand why.
<combat spam>
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Out-of-Character Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: